help with Improved Extension Management error...

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
spaceace

help with Improved Extension Management error...

Post by spaceace » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 pm

i updated my board recently and started getting an error when clicking on the details link of an out of date extension in the extension management tab with Improved Extension Management enabled. never had the issue till the update so i'm guessing that it might be a phpBB core code change that has caused it. i'm unable to figure it out and would like to know if someone can help.

the error

Code: Select all

Catchable fatal error: Argument 2 passed to phpbb\template\base::assign_block_vars() must be of the type array, string given, called in /home/livemembers/www/www/ext/javiexin/extension/controller/admin.php on line 706 and defined in /home/livemembers/www/www/phpbb/template/base.php on line 131
phpBB 3.2.5
PHP 7.2.16
extension version 1.0.3-dev that is here https://github.com/javiexin/extension/r ... tag/v1.0.3

i'm not able to contact the author for obvious reasons or post in the extension dev topic as it was locked and didn't know where else to post this

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: help with Improved Extension Management error...

Post by david63 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:23 pm

I don't know if this will work but try changing line 706 of controller/admin.php to $this->template->assign_block_vars('updates_available', array($version_data));
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

spaceace

Re: help with Improved Extension Management error...

Post by spaceace » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:31 pm

that worked perfectly :D :D

thank you

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”