Which event gives ability to change post message for edit, when edit button is clicked?

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
mpaw

Which event gives ability to change post message for edit, when edit button is clicked?

Post by mpaw »

Hi.

My name is Michael. I'm a amature programmer. I'm programming extension to phpBB 3.3.x.

I have a problem with understanding how events are working. I need catch and modify post message when it is sent to display and when it is sent to edit.

I'm coding code of my BBCode body as id. When user writes a post I want to save my custom BBCode to DB and write its id inside od BBCode. When it is displayed I want to change this id to proper content from db. And again, when when it is edited i want to change id into original body.

But they problem is that I dont know the event name that i should use and way to use it. There is event list at phpBB site but there are no examples of use.

The

Code: Select all

core.posting_modify_message_text
event works but when I want to submit data after submit new or edited post.

I need event to modify view of post when it is displayed by viewtopic PHP module.

And another which will give me ability to modify part of post when loaded to edit.

Only example of $event var used correctly and name of those 2 events.

Could you help me, please?

Thank you so much.
Regards
Mike

////////////////////////////////////
ANSWER -> viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2603086
///////////////////////////////////

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”