Sending Mass Email Error.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
YOUAREtehSCENE
Registered User
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 am
Location: Boston, Mass
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by YOUAREtehSCENE » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:47 pm

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 pm
My question was, can you send a PM (private message) to anyone or not?
And if you can, do the receive the PM?
Mass E-Mail is not possible from shared hosting. Let me know if we can do anything else.
If your host say, you can't send emails it it useless to try it I think?
Alright thanks buddy... so what do I do then. send an email to 1019 users one at a time ehh

janus_zonstraal
Registered User
Posts: 1740
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by janus_zonstraal » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Again, can you send them a Private Message?

Not a email but a PM
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

YOUAREtehSCENE
Registered User
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 am
Location: Boston, Mass
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by YOUAREtehSCENE » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:30 pm

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 pm
Again, can you send them a Private Message?

Not a email but a PM
very good point DUH!

User avatar
3Di
Registered User
Posts: 11821
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milano - Frankfurt
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by 3Di » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:36 pm

That seems to be a DNS error server's side (ask your host)

Alternatively could be an issue with a PHP function, so check if fsockopen is active
Save this file as fso.php in your forum's root and give to it a shot (on the fly..)

Code: Select all

<?php
if (function_exists('fsockopen'))
{
	echo 'yes';
}
else
{
	echo 'no';
}
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

YOUAREtehSCENE
Registered User
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 am
Location: Boston, Mass
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by YOUAREtehSCENE » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 am

3Di wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:36 pm
That seems to be a DNS error server's side (ask your host)

Alternatively could be an issue with a PHP function, so check if fsockopen is active
Save this file as fso.php in your forum's root and give to it a shot (on the fly..)

Code: Select all

<?php
if (function_exists('fsockopen'))
{
	echo 'yes';
}
else
{
	echo 'no';
}


I did host said

Hello, David

Mass E-Mail is not possible from shared hosting. Let me know if we can do anything else.

Best regards,
Jovan

YOUAREtehSCENE
Registered User
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 am
Location: Boston, Mass
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by YOUAREtehSCENE » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:08 am

Only reason I want mass email to work is because if I do a PM, which I have in the past certain users haven't been back, and they don't get a notification that a PM has been sent.

User avatar
3Di
Registered User
Posts: 11821
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milano - Frankfurt
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by 3Di » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:17 am

I asked you to run that test file and report, I have already read this topic as its whole before to reply, so I know what you asked and what not to your host already. Is not possible to help you further if you don't follow the advices. :)

And the potential DNS error server's side is not related to the answer your host gave to you.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

YOUAREtehSCENE
Registered User
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 am
Location: Boston, Mass
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by YOUAREtehSCENE » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:17 am

3Di wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:17 am
I asked you to run that test file and report, I have already read this topic as its whole before to reply, so I know what you asked and what not to your host already. Is not possible to help you further if you don't follow the advices. :)

And the potential DNS error server's side is not related to the answer your host gave to you.


There were one or more errors while sending the email. Please check the Error log for detailed error messages.

Email error
» EMAIL/PHP/mail()
/forum/adm/index.php

uploaded file there
Attachments
Screenshot (4).png

User avatar
3Di
Registered User
Posts: 11821
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milano - Frankfurt
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by 3Di » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:29 am

Please tell me if my post right above yours ^^ isn't correctly phrased, I am not a native speaker. :)
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

YOUAREtehSCENE
Registered User
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 am
Location: Boston, Mass
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by YOUAREtehSCENE » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:39 am

3Di wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:29 am
Please tell me if my post right above yours ^^ isn't correctly phrased, I am not a native speaker. :)
Just told you what I did that you wanted me to do. tried mass email again and got an error.

User avatar
3Di
Registered User
Posts: 11821
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milano - Frankfurt
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by 3Di » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:02 am

I told you to run a test file which I posted the code. That's what I asked you to do.

I give up, sorry. Good luck.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

YOUAREtehSCENE
Registered User
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 am
Location: Boston, Mass
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by YOUAREtehSCENE » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 am

3Di wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:02 am
I told you to run a test file which I posted the code. That's what I asked you to do.

I give up, sorry. Good luck.
i did do that.. i uploaded it to the root folder. what else do you want me to do. get mad very easily huh!?

User avatar
3Di
Registered User
Posts: 11821
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milano - Frankfurt
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Sending Mass Email Error.

Post by 3Di » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:15 am

YOUAREtehSCENE wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 am
3Di wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:02 am
I told you to run a test file which I posted the code. That's what I asked you to do.

I give up, sorry. Good luck.
i did do that.. i uploaded it to the root folder. what else do you want me to do. get mad very easily huh!?
I get mad very easily if I ask to RUN it, not only UPLOAD it. :)
3Di wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:36 pm
That seems to be a DNS error server's side (ask your host)

Alternatively could be an issue with a PHP function, so check if fsockopen is active
Save this file as fso.php in your forum's root and give to it a shot (on the fly..)

Code: Select all

<?php
if (function_exists('fsockopen'))
{
	echo 'yes';
}
else
{
	echo 'no';
}
For forum's root I mean where there is also index.php, so to be clear a bit more.

That file once ran will tell you if the function fsockopen (which is involved in your error log BTW) is active/working (YES) or not (NO), right on your SCREEN.

To add, if the answer is YES then the function isn't the issue here but it could be a DNS error server side (ask your host about that), if NO then ask your host to fix that fsockopen function's issue.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Post Reply

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tbot [Bot] and 10 guests