Permissions issue

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Dimination

Permissions issue

Post by Dimination » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:33 pm

I am having trouble with figuring out the phpbb 3.1 permissions.

I am the sole administrator on my forum, but I want a few users to be able to add members to any of the usergroups.

Usergroup 1 has access to every single forum on the board. Usergroups 2, 3, 4, etc only have access to certain forums. Separately, all of the usergroups work fine. They give the user access to the forums they are suppose to see.

However, when I had a user that has usergroup 1 as their primary usergroup to usergroups 2, 3, 4, etc and set them as leader so that they are able to add users to usergroups 2, 3, 4, etc... they are reduced to the lowest forum visibility among those usergroups. I tried changing the forums that usergroups 2, 3, 4, etc weren't suppose to see from "No role assigned..." to "No Access", but while that fixed the issue and allowed usergroup 1 to see all the forums again, it caused another issue that allowed usergroups 2, 3, 4, etc to see all the forums as well when they weren't supposed to.

If I need to clarify anything, let me know. I will be checking back regulaly.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Permissions issue

Post by stevemaury » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 pm

There is a checkbox on the Manage groups page in the ACP = "Exempt group leaders from group permissions."
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”