Way to view all users with a specific permission?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
jb_motohead

Way to view all users with a specific permission?

Post by jb_motohead »

I’m working with a phpBB 3.0.14 installation I’ve inherited. I’ve stumbled on a need to see all users whom have been granted a specific permission.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I’ve explored the ACP UI without success, nor have my attempts to search these forums and use Google yielded anything relevant. Always possible that I missed something.

Thanks,
John
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Way to view all users with a specific permission?

Post by warmweer »

jb_motohead wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:56 pm I’m working with a phpBB 3.0.14 installation I’ve inherited. I’ve stumbled on a need to see all users whom have been granted a specific permission.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I’ve explored the ACP UI without success, nor have my attempts to search these forums and use Google yielded anything relevant. Always possible that I missed something.

Thanks,
John
There is one way at least ... through phpMyAdmin.
However, your main concern at this time should be to upgrade to 3.2, if not only to receive full support for your forum.
Strictly speaking, support for 3.0 is limited to upgrading to 3.2
When (and not if) upgrading, I suggest to upgrade to 3.2.1 and not 3.2.2 (it's only a temporary stopover in order to avoid some potential hiccups (solvable).
Take a backup before upgrading!!
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

maybe if you explained what you are trying to do, what you need this data for, we could help you get it in a different way etc.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

As support for 3.0.x ended some time ago, at the moment all we can do is to help you upgrade. After that, we can deal with your other issue.

See this - https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
jb_motohead

Post by jb_motohead »

stevemaury wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:52 pm As support for 3.0.x ended some time ago, at the moment all we can do is to help you upgrade. After that, we can deal with your other issue.
Folks, I'm fully aware that this installation I've inherited is two releases out of date. It is one of the first tasks on my list to upgrade to current version.

There's no 'issue' per se; I just want to extract a piece of information. Prior admin did some amount of ad hoc permissions granting. I'd like to view a listing of all the forum users who hold the 'manage users' permission.

Regards,
John
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You can't do that specifically.
But if you go to permissions > administrators you'll see users in the top left box that have individual admin permissions applied to them.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”