Forums keep moving on refreshing page

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
waynec444

Forums keep moving on refreshing page

Post by waynec444 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:48 pm

I move a forum up or down and it moves one step as it should. But then every time I refresh the page it moves another step, over and over again. If I attempt to then move it in the other direction to (again) put it where I want it to be it keeps moving in that direction now. It does not stay where I want it to be.

PayBas
Former Team Member

Re: Forums keep moving on refreshing page

Post by PayBas » Tue May 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Do you refresh (F5) your page after every move? Why?

waynec444

Post by waynec444 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:52 pm

I want to be sure it is in the right place.

I am adding or moving additional forums and want to be sure they are where I want them to be.

But, WhY does this happen? I have not asked the software to move it. it should not do it automatically on refresh.

Also helpful would be the ability to move a forum several lines at a time instead of doing it one line at a time.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Wed May 21, 2014 2:18 am

Refreshing a page re-sends whatever is in the URL. In this case, the URL is a command to move the forum.

waynec444

Post by waynec444 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:52 am

Thank you for the explanation. I understand.

Actually I have now realized that this is a plus and very helpful. IF I need to move a forum a very long way this makes it much faster to do so. Until now I would keep moving it manually one step at a time. For a long distance it would take a very long time. I now have found a shortcut to moving forums up and down.

I just have to be sure not to use the refresh right after using the move function.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”