3.1 to 3.0 Conversion.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
claytonian

3.1 to 3.0 Conversion.

Post by claytonian » Thu May 22, 2014 1:53 pm

So I installed 3.1 for testing after my community's original forum was lost in a server failure and my lack of backups, but now I have a bunch of members registered on my 3.1 forum and don't want to ask each of them individually to reregister on a 3.0 based forum. I didn't spend a terrible amount of time looking at the SQL, but it seems that for the most part things are stored the same as they are in 3.0 (within the users, posts and forums related tables) with the exception of the way passwords are encrypted in 3.1. Is there a way I can covert these passwords to a 3.0 encryption format or is there a way I'd be able to bring the new encryption format from 3.1 to the 3.0 software?

I'm probably SOL, but I figured I'd ask before I tell everyone we're starting over. Again.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: 3.1 to 3.0 Conversion.

Post by Oyabun1 » Fri May 23, 2014 3:14 am

For users there are numerous other tables involved dealing with permissions and groups, posts also involve multiple tables. No script has been written to go from 3.1 back to 3.0.x.

Keep in mind that 3.1 is only at the beta stage as as the announcement made clear is not intended to be used on a live board:
phpBB 3.1.0 Beta1 released wrote:Support Status
This beta release is not intended for use in a production environment and only very-limited support will be offered with the express purpose of identifying bugs. As has always been the case, no assistance will be offered for updating from any beta release. Please do not ignore this warning.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”