phpBB 3.0 united with 3.1?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Whispere
Translator

phpBB 3.0 united with 3.1?

Post by Whispere » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:37 am

Hello,
I have now two projects on phpBB 3.0.x, which are united (shared registration, one DB; most of tables are shared), but I want upgrade one of this two board to new version - 3.1.x.

On project (which I want to upgrade to 3.1) is modified board, with discussion. But the second project uses phpBB as framework and uses from first project only this tables:
_users
_sessions
_sessions_keys

In the second project I have no _forums tables etc; Its different project than phpBB forum.

So I have a question, If I upgrade the board (first project), can I have the other project on the older version 3.0 or there is any problem with logins etc?

Thanks,

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: phpBB 3.0 united with 3.1?

Post by david63 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:00 am

If you upgrade your phpBB 3.0 board to 3.1 then you will not be able to have some part of it as 3.0 and other as 3.1 - it will all be 3.1 but you should still be able to access those tables, however it will depend on which fields you are using from those tables and if they have changed in any way - you will need to compare the two versions of the tables but I would guess that if you are only using them for login authorisation then they will probably still work.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Whispere
Translator

Post by Whispere » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm using it only for authorization (login, register).
I'll try it.

Whispere
Translator

Post by Whispere » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:30 pm

So, I was tried it and I remove all the bugs (missing columns, tables etc). Both was running OK, but problem is in login. In 3.1 is login OK, but in 3.0 I cant login with the same data (username, password).

So in phpBB 3.1 must be any different algorithm for hashing passwords. Do you have any idea?

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”