Mods

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
jbarrouk

Mods

Post by jbarrouk »

So mods installed on current site using 3.0.12 will no longer work when upgrading to 3.1? Does this also mean that any reference to them will give you an error?

I have a very customized board, including styles and mods. Does anyone have a "best practices" solution for transitioning from 3.0 to 3.1?
Cable Player

Re: Mods

Post by Cable Player »

As far as I'm aware the jump from 3.0.12 to 3.1 is so large it requires an entire new fileset - the database tables for existing mods would stay there but obviously wouldn't be used. I guess if a mod is being converted to an extension that could work well if it could then take the existing data so you don't loose any, but I think that's entirely up to the extension authors.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Mods

Post by Oyabun1 »

You need to assess whether the new features in 3.1 outweigh what you would be losing.

For many boards updating at this stage will not be the best option.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”