Errors After Update - Posting and Can't Access ACP

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
dinoirl

Errors After Update - Posting and Can't Access ACP

Post by dinoirl »

I have a private forum and little to no coding knowledge. I used Softaculus to upgrade to 3.1 using my host's software and now have the following problems :(

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.1.0
What is your board's URL? http://forums.croaghan.com
Who do you host your board with? webby tech
How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.12
What styles do you currently have installed? Standard Installation
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? Private Forum
What password can be used to view this issue? Private Forum
When did your problem begin? I used Softaculus to do an upgrade on Friday
Please describe your problem. When user create a new post I get the following error but the post does succeed:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'The "./language/en_us/email" directory does not exist.' in /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:93 Stack trace: #0 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(75): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->addPath('./language/en_u...', '__main__') #1 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/template/twig/twig.php(235): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->setPaths(Array) #2 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/includes/functions_messenger.php(649): phpbb\template\twig\twig->set_custom_style(Array, Array) #3 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/includes/functions_messenger.php(263): messenger->set_template_paths(Array, Array) #4 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/notification/method/messenger_base.php(77): messenger->template('topic_notify', 'en_us') #5 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/notification/method/email.php(47): phpbb\notification\method\messenger_base->notify_using_messenger(0) #6 /home/dinoirl/publi in /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 93

When I try to access the ACP I get the following error when logging in:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (@<UNIX_TIMESTAMP>) at position 0 (@): Unexpected character' in /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/datetime.php:50 Stack trace: #0 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/datetime.php(50): DateTime->__construct('@<UNIX_TIMESTAM...', Object(DateTimeZone)) #1 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/user.php(720): phpbb\datetime->__construct(Object(phpbb\user), '@<UNIX_TIMESTAM...', Object(DateTimeZone)) #2 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/includes/acp/acp_main.php(462): phpbb\user->format_date('<UNIX_TIMESTAMP...') #3 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/includes/functions_module.php(674): acp_main->main('main', 'main') #4 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/adm/index.php(81): p_master->load_active() #5 {main} thrown in /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/datetime.php on line 50
Generated by SRT Generator
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Errors After Update - Posting and Can't Access ACP

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

probably the onlyl way to fix this is to get rid of all the files and replace them with the ones you get from here.

that auto update thing always breaks boards and I am not sure how they can already be doing auto updates when the 3.1 has only been available since tuesday.

viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2232411#convert3

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

For the first error an updated American English language pack is available.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
dinoirl

Post by dinoirl »

Oyabun1 wrote:For the first error an updated American English language pack is available.

If I can't access the ACP will I still be able to install that? I'm assuming via FTP?
dinoirl

Post by dinoirl »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:probably the onlyl way to fix this is to get rid of all the files and replace them with the ones you get from here.

that auto update thing always breaks boards and I am not sure how they can already be doing auto updates when the 3.1 has only been available since tuesday.

viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2232411#convert3

robert

I was hoping to avoid having to do that :(
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

dinoirl wrote:If I can't access the ACP will I still be able to install that? I'm assuming via FTP?
Yes, if it was already installed, just replace the existing files with the new ones.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
dinoirl

Post by dinoirl »

Cool! Thanks again :)
dinoirl

Post by dinoirl »

I decided to bite the bullet, removed all the existing files and uploaded new versions and then copied over my old config.php file.

Still can't access the ACP and get the following:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (@<UNIX_TIMESTAMP>) at position 0 (@): Unexpected character' in /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/datetime.php:50 Stack trace: #0 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/datetime.php(50): DateTime->__construct('@<UNIX_TIMESTAM...', Object(DateTimeZone)) #1 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/user.php(720): phpbb\datetime->__construct(Object(phpbb\user), '@<UNIX_TIMESTAM...', Object(DateTimeZone)) #2 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/includes/acp/acp_main.php(462): phpbb\user->format_date('<UNIX_TIMESTAMP...') #3 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/includes/functions_module.php(674): acp_main->main('main', 'main') #4 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/adm/index.php(81): p_master->load_active() #5 {main} thrown in /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/datetime.php on line 50
Anyone any idea what is causing this error and how I can fix it?
dinoirl

Post by dinoirl »

Anyone?
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard »

Run this query and post the output:

SELECT * FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name = 'board_startdate'
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
dinoirl

Post by dinoirl »

Is this what you need?

SQL result

Host: localhost
Database: dinoirl_phpb1
Generation Time: Nov 17, 2014 at 04:42 PM
Generated by: phpMyAdmin 4.2.9 / MySQL 5.5.40-cll
SQL query: SELECT * FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name = 'board_startdate' LIMIT 0, 25 ;
Rows: 1

config_name	config_value	is_dynamic
board_startdate	<UNIX_TIMESTAMP>	0
dinoirl

Post by dinoirl »

Not sure if a screenshot might be more useful?
php.jpg
php.jpg (76.98 KiB) Viewed 999 times
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard »

Your board start date has junk in it. Go here and enter a date on the right that you would like to use as your board's start date and get the unix timestamp: http://www.unixtimestamp.com/

Then use the number in this query and run it:

UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'TIMESTAMP_HERE' WHERE config_name = 'board_startdate'
Replace TIMESTAMP_HERE with the value you obtained from the other site. Then delete /cache/data_global.php.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
dinoirl

Post by dinoirl »

Thank you so much! That has sorted that problem and I can now access the ACP again :mrgreen:

However, we're still experiencing this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'The "./language/en_us/email" directory does not exist.' in /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:93 Stack trace: #0 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(75): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->addPath('./language/en_u...', '__main__') #1 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/template/twig/twig.php(235): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->setPaths(Array) #2 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/includes/functions_messenger.php(649): phpbb\template\twig\twig->set_custom_style(Array, Array) #3 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/includes/functions_messenger.php(263): messenger->set_template_paths(Array, Array) #4 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/notification/method/messenger_base.php(77): messenger->template('topic_notify', 'en_us') #5 /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/phpbb/notification/method/email.php(47): phpbb\notification\method\messenger_base->notify_using_messenger(0) #6 /home/dinoirl/publi in /home/dinoirl/public_html/forums/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 93
I've already replaced the US English dictionary and British English is the default for the board so I'm not sure why it's even looking for the US directory.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Did you have en_us installed at any time?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”