phpBB 3.1 "Extensions" ACP: general error Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_mobiquo.php

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
gianluigi.zanettini

phpBB 3.1 "Extensions" ACP: general error Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_mobiquo.php

Post by gianluigi.zanettini » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:16 pm

The Extensions tab of my ACP is inaccessible:

Code: Select all

General Error
Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_mobiquo.php

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 571
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()
This is a phpBB 3.1.2 board upgraded from 3.0.12 with the suggested, wipe-all procedure.

In 3.0.12, I had Tapatalk installed, but I uninstalled+deleted it before upgrading. I got only "Successful" message from the remove procedure.

If I open System -> Administration control Panel -> Extensions I see a ACP_MOBIQUO entry, but when I disable it, the Extensions tab vanishes alltogheter.

Also: I don't know if it's relevant/related, but I have a ACP_CAT_MODS tab at the top of ACP. When I click it, I get

Code: Select all

General Error
Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_mods.php

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 571
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()
What can I do to clean up this mess?

Thanks!

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Re: phpBB 3.1 "Extensions" ACP: general error Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_mobiquo.php

Post by Noxwizard » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:04 pm

gianluigi.zanettini wrote:If I open System -> Administration control Panel -> Extensions I see a ACP_MOBIQUO entry, but when I disable it, the Extensions tab vanishes alltogheter.
If you have no extensions installed, then the Extensions tab should not be there.
gianluigi.zanettini wrote:Also: I don't know if it's relevant/related, but I have a ACP_CAT_MODS tab at the top of ACP. When I click it, I get
You need to remove that module as well. (ACP --> System --> Module Management --> ACP)
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

MrDrap

Re: phpBB 3.1 "Extensions" ACP: general error Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_mobiquo.php

Post by MrDrap » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:52 pm

Ok, I got the same problem...
Now where are extensions configuration? where I configure Portal, ABBCODE 3.1 or Tapatalk??

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:08 pm

MrDrap wrote:Now where are extensions configuration? where I configure Portal, ABBCODE 3.1 or Tapatalk??
Wherever the extension developer has decided to put them - although the first place to look would be on the extensions tab - assuming of course that you have already enabled the extensions
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:03 pm

MrDrap wrote:where are extensions configuration?
ACP> Customise> Manage extensions
MrDrap wrote:where I configure Portal, ABBCODE 3.1 or Tapatalk??
If you're experiencing problems installing or setting up extensions you should be posting in the topic for the extension or wherever you obtained it. If it's a validated extension support is available in the dedicated discussion/support area for the extension.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

MrDrap

Post by MrDrap » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks I will try

david63

Post by david63 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Mick wrote: MrDrap wrote:where are extensions configuration?

ACP> Customise> Manage extensions
Sorry to disagree but that is not where you configure an extension - that is where you enable it - the two are not the same.
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

gianluigi.zanettini

Post by gianluigi.zanettini » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:10 am

Ok, thank you all for your excellent feedback on the issue!

Stitching it together, this is what fixed the issue for me:
  1. ACP->System->Module management->ACP->Extensions->ACP_MOBIQUO->Disable
  2. ACP->System->Module management->ACP->ACP_CAT_MODS->Disable
With no extensions installed, the Extensions tab in the ACP is always hidden (I didn't get that at first!).

So I installed david's own sitelogo and enabled it form ACP->Customize->Extension Management->Manage extensions. This actually displayed the Extensions tab.

The issue is mostly solved, but one last question: is it safe do actually DELETE ACP_MOBIQUO and ACP_CAT_MODS (right now I only disabled them)? I'd like to be sure that these are only leftovers from the old Tapatalk installation and not some new core components of phpBB 3.1.

david63

Post by david63 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:19 am

You can certainly delete ACP_MOBIQUO as that is left over from Tapatalk and will be replaced with the new one for the Tapatalk extension.

You can leave ACP_CAT_MODS as that is still used in 3.1 (it is now the Extensions tab)
David

gianluigi.zanettini

Post by gianluigi.zanettini » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:35 am

Excellent, ACP_MOBIQUO deleted successfully! No problem whatsoever. Will reinstall Tapatalk later.

With regard to ACP_CAT_MODS: I just noticed that Nox suggested to remove it too: whose advice should I follow? delete or keep? :?

I'm trying to get an environment as clean as possible and use extensions only from now on. So if its not a core component I'd strongly prefer to delete it at once.

david63

Post by david63 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:53 am

If it is ACP_CAT_MODS then you can delete it as it is not a core module but if it is ACP_CAT_DOT_MODS then you are safe to leave it as it is a core module
David

MrDrap

Post by MrDrap » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Finally I got the problem but I found a 'solution' create a new module and move the categorize inside a NEW MODULE

The problem is: If i deleted EXTENSIONS (ACP_DOT_MODS) When I reinstall a Extension I got the error: ACP_CAT_DOT_MODS doesn't exists! can not Install the extension.
I Create Again ACP_CAT_DOT_MODS Module, Automatic Installing one Extension Renames this Module to Extensions But I cannot Show... I need to create a new module call like Extension and move the categorize inside like a NEW MODULE

david63

Post by david63 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:14 pm

When you created the ACP_CAT_DOT_MODS module did you enable it?
David

MrDrap

Post by MrDrap » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Yes but Doesn't Works

ps david63, thanks for the cookies policy, works great!

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”