3.1.x Downgrade :

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Spildit

3.1.x Downgrade :

Post by Spildit »

Hi.

Is it possible to downgrade from the latest 3.1 version to the oldest 3.0.12 one without a full backup before the upgrade ?

I would like to attempt a downgrade so that old styles that are not yet compatible with 3.1.x would work again, but i don't have a full backup of the database prior to the upgrade to the latest 3.1, is there any way to revert the changes done by the upgrade and convert the database to the old format ?

Thanks.
david63

Re: 3.1.x Downgrade :

Post by david63 »

Without a database backup I would say that it is virtually impossible as there is no automatic downgrade script. You could possibly look at the code to see what database changes have been made and reverse them manually - but that is not something I would recommend unless you were very familiar with database manipulation, and if you were then you would have a backup to fall back on.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: 3.1.x Downgrade :

Post by KevC »

You could ask your hosts if they have a recent backup.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved"

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”