Update from 3.0.x big board

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
TopSpace

Update from 3.0.x big board

Post by TopSpace » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi. I'm troubled with updating phpBB 3.0.1 forum to newer version. Let's get it...

First of all my question is , how to save the styles and his options , because after upload files of newer version my style was being return to default view (no logo, customized CSS options).

And main question is , I can't update by forum/install/database_update.php because I'm goin to this URL to update and I see the list of changes and button (with no captions), I click on the button about 20 times and every time it updating to new version and I see the message something like "Previous database was X version" where X everytime is changing to a new realease 3.0.1a , 3.0.1 and so on, about 20 times and anyway still was updating and this is taking very long time because of big SQL base.

I'm tried to update in server console (how its described in manual) and it says command cant be executed because of phpbb_ext table doesnot exist.

What should I do to update?

Thanks for attention.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Update from 3.0.x big board

Post by KevC » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:33 pm

TopSpace wrote: First of all my question is , how to save the styles and his options , because after upload files of newer version my style was being return to default view (no logo, customized CSS options).
Styles and modifications from 3.0x are not carried over to or compatible with 3.1x
TopSpace wrote:And main question is , I can't update by forum/install/database_update.php because I'm goin to this URL to update and I see the list of changes and button (with no captions), I click on the button about 20 times and every time it updating to new version and I see the message something like "Previous database was X version" where X everytime is changing to a new realease 3.0.1a , 3.0.1 and so on, about 20 times and anyway still was updating and this is taking very long time because of big SQL base.
It does the update in numerous smaller steps. Just keep pressing continue. It'll get there in the end. In 3.0 it used to try and do the lot in one go and often timed out so now it's broken down in to user prompted stages.

I wasn't entirely sure 3.1 could run from as far back as 3.0.1 but I might be wrong.
You might want to look in to updating to 3.0.2 and then 3.0.6 and then 3.0.13-PL1 (as these were big steps in the 3.0x line) and then to 3.1x. It would only require file uploads and the database_update being run each time.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”