[split from split] **HELP** Upgrading from 3.0.10 to 3.1.2 nothing but hurdles

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Exabot
Translator

Re: [split from split] **HELP** Upgrading from 3.0.10 to 3.1.2 nothing but hurdles

Post by Exabot »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:not sure why it would pick up a table that doesn't exist but try unchecking the box next to that table and click continue and see what happens.

robert
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'd50168sd93048.phpbb_ads_in_positions' doesn't exist [1146]
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: [split from split] **HELP** Upgrading from 3.0.10 to 3.1.2 nothing but hurdles

Post by Oyabun1 »

You seem to have a mix of versions. Follow these instructions Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Diyasena
Name: diyasena

Post by Diyasena »

Try this.

Install Fresh phpBB v3.1.3
Then backup related tables to users, groups, topics, posts, search word list via old board ACP.
After that upload it to new board /store dir. then restore it via ACP.

But you should add some tables manually later. This is probably happening because of old MODs did not uninstalled correctly.

But before this you can try this too,
Imagine you have installed MOD called test.
Upload test mod installation files again.
Then execute yourboard.com/install_test.php
There will be a options to uninstall this mod. And it will be delete related databases tables too.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

Diyasena wrote:Try this.

Then backup related tables to users, groups, topics, posts, search word list via old board ACP.

But you should add some tables manually later. This is probably happening because of old MODs did not uninstalled correctly.
That is a really bad idea.
                      Support Request Template
Exabot
Translator

Post by Exabot »

Oyabun1 wrote:You seem to have a mix of versions. Follow these instructions Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1.
It works but not work ACP extension menu.
MySQL -> php_modules -> all module_enabled is 1

and
and
and
====================
modission_reset.php also does not help because the server automatically deletes this file.

and
====================
Oyabun1 wrote:
Diyasena wrote:Try this.

That is a really bad idea.
Bad idea?
Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

If you follow the instructions and update the board files and database to 3.1.3 then modission_reset.php file will work. It will not run on a 3.0 board. (The message you are getting is saying that when the file was run it was not a 3.1 board.) (It isn't the server deleting the file it is the file deleting itself which, as a security measure, it is intended to do when it is run.)
                      Support Request Template
Exabot
Translator

Post by Exabot »

Oyabun1 wrote:If you follow the instructions and update the board files and database to 3.1.3 then modission_reset.php file will work. It will not run on a 3.0 board. (The message you are getting is saying that when the file was run it was not a 3.1 board.) (It isn't the server deleting the file it is the file deleting itself which, as a security measure, it is intended to do when it is run.)
Forum upgrade 3.0.10 to 3.1.3 OK.
Support_info
Version Settings
Board start date: 18 Feb 2002
constants.php version: 3.1.3
Cached version: 3.1.3
DB version: 3.1.3

AutoMOD Settings
/includes/functions_mods.php not found
AutoMOD is not correctly installed

http://www.myforum.com/modisson_reset.php -> enter -> forum logs off -> You don't have permission to alter the database. You need to be logged in as a founder or administrator.
Exabot
Translator

Post by Exabot »

Any ideas?
Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

"You need to be logged in as a founder or administrator." means you need to be logged into the board as a founder or administrator in order to run the file.
                      Support Request Template
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I had to remove the section of code that requires that in order to make it work on localhost.

I also had to make sure I was using the latest version of the script. the one that works for 3.1.2 apparently does not work for 3.1.3

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:I also had to make sure I was using the latest version of the script. the one that works for 3.1.2 apparently does not work for 3.1.3
It is tested and updated when each new phpBB version is released, just to make sure it won't accidentally remove something it shouldn't, so you always need to get the latest version. (The current one works with 3.1.0, 3.1.1, 3.1.2, and 3.1.3)
                      Support Request Template
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I am not sure which version I had downloaded. however , the first time I really needed it all I could get was errors about the version not being recognized. it was not the version mismatch error , the other one.

once I downloaded the current version that error went away and it worked. I did however, have to remove the section requiring the admin founder status before it would work at all.

no matter what I did, it always gave the error that I did not have permission to run it.
this was local using wamp.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Exabot
Translator

Post by Exabot »

I'm the founder and admin. So when I run modisson_reset file, then logs out of the forum.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

That usually suggests your board's cookie settings are incorrect.
                      Support Request Template
Diyasena
Name: diyasena

Post by Diyasena »

Oyabun1 wrote:That is a really bad idea.
Yes it is bad idea. But, if there is no solution......
I did this. And I added manually tables. Because I didn't have solution. But I should test it more... :?

I had this founder and administrator problem too. then I remove this part from modission_reset.php and It worked for me.

Code: Select all

// Limit this to founders or admins
if ((int) $user->data['user_type'] !== USER_FOUNDER || !$auth->acl_get('a_'))
{
   trigger_error('You don\'t have permission to alter the database. 
   You need to be logged in as a founder or administrator.');
}

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”