Mass delete post from unregistered

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Ciao121

Mass delete post from unregistered

Post by Ciao121 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:30 am

Hi,
I'm helping a friend that had an old forum. I upgraded his forum from 2.x to to 3.1.3. He had wrong permissions set, so guest users (spammers) posted a lot (thousand of messages). Now I have set the correct permission.

I'm trying to figure out how to delete all posts from unregistered users from ACP but I'm not able to find a solution. Has someone an idea about it?
Thank you!
Apri il tuo forum gratuito in 1 minuto.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Mass delete post from unregistered

Post by KevC » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:31 am

See How to clean up a board hit by spam for some suggestions.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Ciao121

Re: Mass delete post from unregistered

Post by Ciao121 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:38 am

Thank you for your reply. But the page you posted here is to help pruning posts from (auto)registered users. In my case posts are from unregistered users.
Anyway I found out how to solve. I write it here for others. My Board is not in english so it is possible that page are not named exactly as I write...
In the ACP go to USERS AND GROUPS > MANAGE USERS. Select ANONYMOUS USER. Choose DELETE ALL POST and go. This will delete posts from unregistered users (will not delete the "Anonymous" user). After that resync all forums.
Apri il tuo forum gratuito in 1 minuto.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”