Thumbnails not showing

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Joe-mama

Thumbnails not showing

Post by Joe-mama »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.1.3
What is your board's URL? http://dnd.joe-mama.com
Who do you host your board with? webhostinghub.com
How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Fresh Install
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
What styles do you currently have installed? pbwow3
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? Immediately, since installation
Please describe your problem. Thumbnail previews of images do not show. Only a link for download even though I have said yes to create thumbnails in attachment settings.
Generated by SRT Generator
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Thumbnails not showing

Post by Oyabun1 »

Are there any warnings showing on the attachment settings page?
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Joe-mama

Post by Joe-mama »

Yes,
It says in a red background "Secure Downloads are not enabled. The settings below will be applied after enabling secure downloads."
-Joe
Joe-mama

Post by Joe-mama »

I should add that no pictures are showing, only links to download the pictures. I have another board on the same host and it shows pictures in posts and seems to be working fine. I duplicated all the settings, purged the cashe and still my new forum does not show pictures.
Joe-mama

Post by Joe-mama »

At first I thought it was just a matter of Thumbnails not showing, but after looking at the settings on my other forum its has no thumbnails but shows the images fine. So I am going to end this support request and resubmit under the title of Images not showing.
Joe-mama

Images not showing

Post by Joe-mama »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.1.3
What is your board's URL? http://dnd.joe-mama.com
Who do you host your board with? webhostinghub.com
How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Fresh Install
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
What styles do you currently have installed? pbwow3
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
When did your problem begin? Immediately upon installation
Please describe your problem. Images do not show in posts nor do thumbnails. There is a link for the image but no picture.
Generated by SRT Generator
Joe-mama

Re: Images not showing

Post by Joe-mama »

So I though I would add that I have a forum that has been around for years, it is updated to 3.1.3 and it shows images in posts just fine. I installed a new forum in a different domain, same host, 10 days ago and it does not show images. I compared settings on both boards and can't figure out what the difference is. Any help is appreciated.
-Joe
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Images not showing

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

ok, first, you are not using the files from here if you installed via your hosting control panel.

the first thing to do is to replace all those files with the proper ones you get from here.

after that, it is hard to see what is going on without being able to see posts that have attachments.

right now, guests have no permissions to see anything on the board.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Joe-mama

Post by Joe-mama »

Ok, I did a fresh install using the files from this site. Tested and pictures show up fine. Then added the styles and tested, pictures displayed fine. As soon as I relplaced the config.php file, images folder, and files folder, with my previous ones the pictures would not display. I created a guest account you can use to log in as guest : guest1 . I did test the img-bbcode and it displays images fine from another site. Here are some images of my attachments panel
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Logged in as guest, there is only one post with an attachment, and we get:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe-mama

Post by Joe-mama »

Sorry about that. I just fixed it so that you will be able to view the pictues. The best example of the problem is at Board index>Maps and Document Archives>Village of Thorn Map. If you see other posts with images those were done with the bbcodes from another site and not the attachment function on the board.
Thanks again for your help.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You have "Create a thumbnail" set to "No" and the imagemagick path is missing.
Also, that png file appears to have errors, so it cannot be opened.
Joe-mama

Post by Joe-mama »

The problem persists of not showing any thumbnails or images even when I do have thumbnails on. I just turned it back on and will leave it as such.

The imagemagick path was blank when I reinstalled the forum last night and it would display images just fine when attached. I have never had anything in that box in my other forum and it displays pictures fine too. I will call my host and see where they placed the imagemagick file and insert that.

In regards to the png with an error I just posted it via bbcodes and it renders just fine, same file. I also tested other files that show just fine on other phpbb forums but do not show on my current problem forum.

As I mentioned earlier, the forum was showing a test image but when I swapped in my config.php, images and files folders, it stopped showing all images and just shows links. If you want I can PM you an admin account login information.
Joe-mama

Post by Joe-mama »

I contacted my host and was able to find the imagemagick path. I entered it into the panel and it accepted it. I purged the cache and refreshed but it did not solve the problem.
Again, I appreciated your time and help.
-Joe
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

Joe-mama wrote:In regards to the png with an error I just posted it via bbcodes and it renders just fine, same file.
You posted the actual attachment file via BBCodes? If not, it may be a copy of the image but not the "same" file.

If you transferred the images using FileZilla with its stupid default setting that will be the problem with damaged images, see Transferring attachment files with Filezilla.
Joe-mama wrote:I contacted my host and was able to find the imagemagick path. I entered it into the panel and it accepted it.
Did you put the relative path to ImageMagick, something like, ../../../../usr/bin or just /usr/bin? The relative path is required.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”