In this forum, how do you delete an account?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
frankoamiricano

In this forum, how do you delete an account?

Post by frankoamiricano » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:54 am

Hello, I have a phpBB forum just like this one. There are a few places on the web as well as in the faq that point to how to delete your account from your profile, there is may be a delete account link at the bottom of your profile page. But you are supposed to get there from some users and groups tab but all I see is the uaergroups which is entirely different.

I can login, I have updated my password which was my main concern since my password manager has been bothering me that phpBB has had a password leak in the past.

However, I would like to start clean, new username, new email, new password, and have my account fully delete, can someone walk me through the steps, as I am lost.
Last edited by darcie on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: In this forum, how do you delete an account?

Post by Oyabun1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:03 am

There is no way with standard phpBB, or phpBB as installed here, for a normal user to delete an account. That requires administrator permissions. Since you are not an administrator here, you cannot do that. As a rule, accounts won't be deleted here.

If you want your username changed, and have a good reason for that to occur, you could contact someone on the Moderator Team and request that. You can change your password and email account from within the User Control Panel.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: In this forum, how do you delete an account?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:31 pm

If you are talking about wanting to do this on your own board then you can do it.

first you would need to create your new account with the new name etc.
then, log in with your original founder/admin account and make that new user a founder.
then add the new user to whatever groups you want to be in etc.

then simply use the new account instead of the old one. unless there is a security reason to delete the old account I would leave it in place in case something happens and you can't log in with the new account.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”