Upgraded from phpBB 3.0.12 to phpBB 3.1.5 - reactivating some users, weird error.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Anuj Dhawan

Upgraded from phpBB 3.0.12 to phpBB 3.1.5 - reactivating some users, weird error.

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:35 am

Hi,

I've updated my board from phpBB 3.0.12 to 3.1.5. Board.I did this on my "sand-box", http://ibm-mainframes.com/area51/ where most of the users are deactivated. Though some users wanted them to get activated so that they can also use the new features. When though ACP I try to activate the specific user name, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'The "./../language/en_us/email" directory does not exist.' in /home4/username/public_html/area51/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:93 Stack trace: #0 /home4/username/public_html/area51/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(75): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->addPath('./../language/e...', '__main__') #1 /home4/username/public_html/area51/phpbb/template/twig/twig.php(251): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->setPaths(Array) #2 /home4/username/public_html/area51/includes/functions_messenger.php(649): phpbb\template\twig\twig->set_custom_style(Array, Array) #3 /home4/username/public_html/area51/includes/functions_messenger.php(263): messenger->set_template_paths(Array, Array) #4 /home4/username/public_html/area51/includes/acp/acp_users.php(428): messenger->template('admin_welcome_a...', 'en_us') #5 /home4/username/public_html/area51/includes/functions_module.php(674): acp_users->main('users', 'overview') #6 /home4/username/public_html/area51/adm/index.php( in /home4/username/public_html/area51/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 93
But the irony is that even though I get the above error user gets activated. I also noticed that this happened for two users but for other two this error did not show up and they were activated without any error. Can someone please guide why would this happen?
Thanks,

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Upgraded from phpBB 3.0.12 to phpBB 3.1.5 - reactivating some users, weird error.

Post by KevC » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:00 pm

The first line of the error looks pretty self explanatory

'The "./../language/en_us/email" directory does not exist.'

I assume the activation occurs but no email is sent out to notify them of that because they're set to US English and that language pack is not present.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Anuj Dhawan

Re: Upgraded from phpBB 3.0.12 to phpBB 3.1.5 - reactivating some users, weird error.

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:11 am

Thankk you KevC, I should have read the error message carefully. It make sense now and you are correct; as per the instructions, "Set British English as the only language pack" to upgrade from 3.0.x to 3.1.x I kept "British English" as the only pack but I think after adding US English, it won't happen on the actual board.
Thanks,

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”