1. We have a housing society association and have limited number of users (under 1000)
2. Society members are not at all familiar with web forum like 'phpbb' and used to communicate earlier through google group email chain.
3. We had a database of all housing society members email addresses so we added all users through "add user" extension and given them their 'username' ,'email address', and 'default password'
4. Even after this many are not 'logged in' for the first time.
5. The reason we choose 'phpbb' for arranging the discussion at a central point and other future developments in mind.
6. Now all members asking that they wanted to get the full content to be delivered on to their email inbox rather than keeping it in the forum and from there they wanted to post replies instead of login to the forum.
Now we have 3-4 types of members
1. Members added by the association and activated and never logged in
2. Members added by the association and activated and member logged in and never opted for notification by email/pm/post/replies.
3. Members registered by own and participated and never opted for notification by email/pm etc.
4. Members registered by own and participated and opted for notification by email/pm etc.
Earlier i have run the query through phpmyadmin
UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_notify = 1 WHERE user_type <> 2;
which resulted 0 raws effected ( of course i have a different table prefix and i have used the correct prefix after noted down from the config.php)
What query i need to run if i wanted to enable email notification for rest of the members which i described above.
user_type <> 0;
user_type <> 1;
query will help me anyway?
I'm running 3.17pl1