PM Notify via email by default

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
janus_zonstraal

Re: PM Notify via email by default

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Just change the setting in the file I mention in your other topic.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: PM Notify via email by default

Post by stevemaury »

garfy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 pm I never really subscribed...the box is ticked by default (on phpbb.com)
even if you declare it spam....we the admins should decide and have option to enable or disable it...

i really do not get it, why you impose this ideology on us about spam....we are the ones who will decide if it is spam or not...not you
Actually, the way the default is set up (and it has to be one way or the other) the users receiving the email get to decide whether they want it by subscribing (or not) to a forum or topic, just as email recipients everywhere get to decide what emails to allow, or not allow. If you subscribe, you get an email, by default. Also, you get an email for a PM, by default.

I note that this has now become a hijack of a three-year-old topic and has devolved into a discussion of the wisdom of the stock default settings. I will lock this and any participant is free to continue this in Discussion.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”