language variables are missing from the “American English” language pack

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Anuj Dhawan

language variables are missing from the “American English” language pack

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

For American English Language Pack, I see the following under CUSTOMISE> LANGUAGE MANAGEMENT> Language packs>
us english language err.png
Could you please advise why this happens?

Background: On my board, http://www.ibm-mainframes.com/, prior to updating 3.1.x I was using two language packs - British English and U.S. English; U.S. English being the default. After updating the board from 3.0.12 to 3.1.5 I kept only British English as the language pack. Updated the board to 3.1.6 and later installed the "American English" language pack after downloading it from here: https://www.phpbb.com/languages/

As my board was previously using the U.S. English pack for 3.0.12 - it showed up under Lnaguage packs under ACP so I've deleted that and installed the new American English pack but the above message show up.

I'm not sure what can be wrong but looks like something is wrong, guide please.
Thanks,
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: language variables are missing from the “American English” language pack

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

best thing is to delete the us english pack and start over.

you really don't need both anyway. the only difference between the british and english ones are things like colour instead of color and a few other spellings like that.

to me, it really isn't worth having to maintain two different lanuage packs for just that.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Thanks Robert. (How have you been - please check your PM, I remember to send one a while back.)

To have only one language pack make sense but I wish we just had "English Language Pack" rather than British or American... I've a user base from US and UK both and when they have a choice they want to choose the obvious language.

Recently I thought to keep only one language pack but I kept two language packs since start and the users who are using US English packs prior to my board's upgrade to 3.1.6 - they are facing problem in sending email, PMs similar to what I've mentioned in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2333501
Thanks,
Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:best thing is to delete the us english pack and start over.
I'm just done with that but it does not solve the problem.
Thanks,
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

American English Contribution Details wrote:
Support

You are free to post a new topic (you must first be registered and logged) in the Discussion/Support tab to ask for help, report issues, or contribute on fixes and improvements.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Okay - made a post there too.

Link: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/tran ... 71#p450771
Last edited by Anuj Dhawan on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
Qiaeru
Former Team Member

Post by Qiaeru »

These language variables are from 3.1.6, the latest language pack version is compatible with phpBB 3.1.5, so that will be fixed in the next version of the language pack once validated. :)
Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Maël Soucaze wrote:These language variables are from 3.1.6, the latest language pack version is compatible with phpBB 3.1.5, so that will be fixed in the next version of the language pack once validated. :)
That explains it. Thanks! :)
Thanks,

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”