PHPbb Ideas section reactivation info request

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
peopleopinion

PHPbb Ideas section reactivation info request

Post by peopleopinion » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:36 am

As everybody knows the section phpbb ideas of this forum is down, it is not possible to create new topics, just responding to old ones.

Is it possible to reactivate it or it is going to be down for ever?
If it will be reactivated, may I ask about schedule?

I tried to go to area51 but it is a mess, at least for me. I don't understand where to go simply for posting new ideas. Into phpbb ideas section was so easy and direct to create a new one and to discuss about.

Thanks in advance for the response.
Please explicate why you voted negative or positive, so it will be possible to better understand each one's point of view.
Please visit and vote my website and express freely your opinion on it (phpbb ver.: 3.0.12):
http://peopleopinion.altervista.org
Thanks. Best Regards, peopleopinion.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: PHPbb Ideas section reactivation info request

Post by Oyabun1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:55 am

This is not a support forum for this website, only for the phpBB software itself.

Check the bug tracker to see if a ticket has already been submitted, and if not, create one.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

peopleopinion

Post by peopleopinion » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:59 am

Oyabun1 wrote:This is not a support forum for this website, only for the phpBB software itself.

Check the bug tracker to see if a ticket has already been submitted, and if not, create one.
About this please read viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2315021&p=14217621#p14217621
Please explicate why you voted negative or positive, so it will be possible to better understand each one's point of view.
Please visit and vote my website and express freely your opinion on it (phpbb ver.: 3.0.12):

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:08 am

why would you link to another of your posts that was also in the wrong forum and not even related to the topic you posted it in?

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:45 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:why would you link to another of your posts that was also in the wrong forum and not even related to the topic you posted it in?

robert
Indeed. The bug tracker and Area51 are not the same thing. So, I'm struggling to see how that other off-topic post relates to this?
                      Support Request Template

peopleopinion

Post by peopleopinion » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:12 am

Oyabun1 wrote:The bug tracker and Area51 are not the same thing
Aren't they? I didn't know.
I'm really sorry with respect, but how should I am supposed to know that fact about all the internal or external relationship between all phpbb websites or sub-domains? I cannot know how is internally or externally structured phpbb and if and how is shared the users database. Potentially the database or some parts of it could be shared. (Some people that are here are there, same logo etc...)
Also IMHO It would be a good thing a shared database: this way users with only one account have the access to the whole phpbb services, without the need to register twice or more times just for different parts of the same thing.
Also the tabbed bar into the upper part of the page is the same: it works as the site was one.

Oyabun1 wrote:So, I'm struggling to see how that other off-topic post relates to this?
The request of reopening "Ideas" itself is not related to the other post, infact I've separated them. But after
Oyabun1 wrote:This is not a support forum for this website, only for the phpBB software itself.
I had to motivate why I was writing here such topic, and that is because I cannot register in there (so I thought. If you want I can tell you the whole story). To explicate everything deeper I've linked to the other post, I'd made just few time before. This way I didn't had to repeat everything that I already said into the other post.
If I did something wrong, :arrow: my apologies.

Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:47 am

Please read the ReadMe Before Posting announcement before posting again. That, and the forum descriptions, should give a good indicator of where to post and not post. For example, the description of this forum:
3.1.x Support Forum wrote:Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
should make it clear that this is not the place for bug reports.
                      Support Request Template

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”