Secret forum Zone.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
xneo70

Secret forum Zone.

Post by xneo70 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi i am wandering a thing.

Is it possible to create a secret zone, and put there some users, a zone visible only to some users, and to make this users that they don`t see the normal zone?

It meand, the forum has sections and forums that every registered user can see. Some zones can be seen only by certain users, and some are visible but not vritable for the registered users.

So i now would make a sort of subforum, for only 10 users. They should see only this zone.

Should i take them out of the registered users group, and create a special group only for them? Or should i make the other forums not visible to the 10 users ad a special user forum permission?

I mean wich way is the correct way? Or is there another way?

Thanks for the help.

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Re: Secret forum Zone.

Post by imkingdavid » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:34 pm

I wouldn't take those users out of the registered users group, that could have some undesired consequences.

What you can do is create a new group for these users and set permissions on that group. If you don't want them to see the same forums as normal users, you can set the group's permissions to "Never" for those forums. If you want that group to see a certain forum, set their permissions to Yes but the rest to No.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

xneo70

Post by xneo70 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:39 pm

What could be the sideeffects of taking them out of registered users? I am just asking to understand.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:42 pm

The Registered Users group contains all the base settings for your users, including the User permissions.
If you take users out of the Registered Users group you would have to add User Permissions to whatever group you moved them into.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”