Changing Breadcrumbs

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
robtig

Changing Breadcrumbs

Post by robtig »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.1.4
What is your board's URL? http://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/index.php
Who do you host your board with? freehostia
How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Fresh Install
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What extensions do you have installed? page extension
Board3 Portal
Board Announcements
Google AdSense
Google Analytics
NavBar Search
Recent Topics
Share On
User ranks
What styles do you currently have installed? AllanStyle Subsilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 3
What is your level of experience? Please select your answer
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? None
Please describe your problem. On my forum The breadcrumbs aren't how I want them. I am having trouble figuring out what code I need to change to get it how I want. Right now it goes:

Back to Virago 'Tech Articles' Portal Virago Help Forums

I have Board3 Portal installed and would like my breadcrumbs on both the top and bottom through the entire forum to just say :

Virago Help Forums

In the breadcrumbs instead of what it says now. It can be seen at:
http://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/index.php

I would also like to be able to change the link it uses for that "Virago Help Forums". If anyone can point me to where these setting are at and what I should change it would be great. I have already customized things a bit so I got a rough idea of how things work. If someone could just explain how the forum decides to grab them links and where in the code it can be changed. Many thanks.
Rob
Generated by SRT Generator
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Changing Breadcrumbs

Post by Oyabun1 »

robtig wrote:Back to Virago 'Tech Articles'
That is because you have added that to ACP > GENERAL > Board Configuration > Board settings >
  • Main website URL
    Main website text
For removing the portal link you would need to seek support in the topic for that extension, [RC] Board3 Portal 2.1.0-RC2
robtig wrote:I would also like to be able to change the link it uses for that "Virago Help Forums".
That points to the index page of the board, as it should. What do you want to change it to?
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
robtig

Post by robtig »

Thank you for your reply. Yes I know how to remove the first bit by the board settings. I just posted a question in the board3 forum area.. thank you for pointing that out. LOL not sure why I didnt do that to begin with. I guess I just figured I could take care of it all by editing a few files in the template possibly.
I do still want to know how I would go about changing how the breadcrumbs work and where it has the starting link set in it. I understand it chooses the main beginning of the forum then goes from there depending on what forum areas you go into. I guess what I am asking is what file has the bit of script that does this?
Thanks.
Rob
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

There are four user template files which include the link and the path is defined in /includes/functions.php.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”