Post sort order change

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
FireSphynx

Post sort order change

Post by FireSphynx »

Hello,
Is it possible to change sort order in drop down box that first is always Subject:
Display topics from: All topics Sort by: Subject Ascending

The reason is that in one forum all posts are in such structure YYYYMMDD Title extra message and if you want to see then is order you always need to go in to drop down box on the bottom of the page and change selection and then press Go to sort it.. in stead i would like just press Go and it will sort all by date in subject without extra hustle to change selection in drop down box..
sort.jpg
Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Re: Post sort order change

Post by Pony99CA »

If this is for an entire forum, your best bet would be to get a MOD or an Extension (you didn't say whether you were using 3.0.x or 3.1.x) that added default sorting options to the forum properties. That way people wouldn't even have to click the Go button.

The tricky part would be determining when to override the user's display preferences, so maybe the MOD/Extension would need a "Forum default" value for user preferences, too.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”