SQL ERROR [mysql4] After updating to phpBB 3.1.6

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
saiyoucho

SQL ERROR [mysql4] After updating to phpBB 3.1.6

Post by saiyoucho »

Hello.

EDIT: Updated with support template

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.1.6
What is your board's URL? http://www.touhou.nu/forum
Who do you host your board with? Surftown
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0-B1
What extensions do you have installed? Lightbox
What styles do you currently have installed? Latte
What language(s) is your board currently using? Swedish
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Updated board to 3.1.6 from 3.0.X (I believe it was 3.0.12)
Please describe your problem. Getting the following error when running the board on PHP Version 5.6.16:
SQL ERROR [mysql4]
The server requested authentification method unknown to the client [2054]
An sql error ocurred while fething this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

If running the previous PHP Version 5.3.29, the board works perfectly fine. However, the webhost will soon drop support for 5.3.29, so it's only a matter of time before it stops working completely.
Generated by SRT Generator

I've recently managed to update my main forum to 3.1.6 from 3.0.x (I think it was 3.0.12).
Before updating the main forums I've updated a test forum with same settings and options as the main one and it experienced no issues what so ever.

However after updating the main forums I've run into some issues.
The old php version the main forum has been using is PHP Version 5.3.29 and everything has been working smoothly with that. However our webhost will soon drop support for that.

If I switch over to their new PHP Version 5.6.16 I get this error trying to access the forum after the update to 3.1.6:

The version info at general settings in the admin panel is:

I'm not really sure why this problem is ocurring since it seems that the server meets all the requirements of the 3.1.6 install and the test forum which is running on the same server is doing just fine no matter which php version I change the settings to.

The test forum works the exact same at both PHP Version 5.3.29 and PHP Version 5.6.16.

I've tried to find a solution to this problem for quite a while but I don't really know where to look since I don't even know why this is happening seeing how the requirements looks completely fine.
janus_zonstraal

Re: SQL ERROR [mysql4] After updating to phpBB 3.1.6

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”