Notifications not showing

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
jf3000

Re: Notifications 3.1.6

Post by jf3000 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:17 am

Its all good. After reading another post, it is an issue with the forum. Also this deters me to continue to use this software and move to something else. Thank you for the replies.

janus_zonstraal

Re: PLEASE DELETE - NOT SOLVED

Post by janus_zonstraal » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:21 am

:?: :?:
Can you tell what that issue is?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Notifications 3.1.6

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:48 pm

jf3000 wrote:Its all good. After reading another post, it is an issue with the forum. Also this deters me to continue to use this software and move to something else. Thank you for the replies.
sorry, that is simply not true. there are thousands and thousands of people out there using this software without any problem like what you are describing. when it is only a few people having a problem it usually means that they are either doing something wrong or their hosting setup is strange etc.

if you want to try something else that is fine but if your problem happens to be something strange in your host's setup you will still have this issue or others.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

jf3000

Re: PLEASE DELETE - NOT SOLVED

Post by jf3000 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:36 pm

I am going to put it down to the host since they're not even working with me.

Dwnld

Re: Notifications not showing

Post by Dwnld » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:14 pm

jf3000 wrote:I have noticed that when I am visiting different topics the notifications don't seem to be working correctly. Is this a bug with the software or have I simply made a fool of myself and not turned this on correctly.
My e-mailing didn't work either at the beginning.

Turned out it was just a "learn to use" issue - My SMTP settings were wrong. I'm using a Gmail account for it and it works great.

Streamer76

Re: Notifications not showing

Post by Streamer76 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:16 pm

Some users have reported also that they dont get notifications anymore. It seems that some emails like Outlook thinks that messages sent by our forum is now junk. I tried to change email settings, name, email, signature, checked blacklists etc but not helping. For example Gmail works fine.

promod

Email notification for New Posts/Topics /Replies by default for all existing and new users

Post by promod » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:08 pm

This is regarding getting E-mail notification for New Posts/ Topics/ Replies by default for all existing users and new users in the forum.

Presently i'm running on 3.1.6.

Majority wants email notification to their email inbox by default for all the posts/topics/replies in the forum. Since there is no boardwatch for 3.1.x how to manually do it by editing php and running database queries? for existing users and new users.

Its really a pain to ask everyone to subscribe to the topic majority are not tech savvy.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”