In blocks menu in administrator panel in different order of links

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
hrx

In blocks menu in administrator panel in different order of links

Post by hrx » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Hello,

At someday I made the update of my forum from phpBB 3.0.12 to 3.1.6 and I think that everything go correctly. However I noticed the certain difference in the administrator panel in side blocks menu. On the clean installed forum from phpBB 3.1.6 links to option are in different position than the same on my forum, I will present what I mean on screen. After the update from 3.0.12 to 3.1.6 was shown an announcement to check if forum files was also updated. Why is such a difference in the position of these links? I gave example, because in other tabs links also can be mixed. Green frame means right displaying these links, red wrongs.

janus_zonstraal

Re: In blocks menu in administrator panel in different order of links

Post by janus_zonstraal » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:25 pm

You can order them in the module settings in the acp.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

hrx

Post by hrx » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:52 am

Can set order of these link in tab system, administration control panel, but I would have to follow the testing forum to set everything the same, so why at once I haven't right setting? Why these link are in other order? Maybe the reupload of phpBB 3.1.6 files will fix it?

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:46 am

If everything is working fine i suggest to leave it as is.
There's not much importance in the order they are displayed.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

hrx

Post by hrx » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:02 pm

I set these positions with arrows and everything is all right. However I noticed the difference between the clean forum installed and the forum after the update from phpbb 3.0.12/3.0.14 to 3.1.6. It shouldn’t be like that are differences in these links in menu blocks. If the update of the forum proceeded correctly shouldn’t be no difference between the clean installed forum and this after the update. I think that it is a bug, so I will report it in tracker Area51.

Clean instalation 3.1.6

Users and Groups

Update from 3.0.12/14 to 3.1.6

Clean instalation 3.1.6

Customise

Update from 3.0.12/14 to 3.1.6

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:07 pm

well, apparently, there is a difference in the way the modules are arranged or loaded when you do an upgrade.

since it makes no difference in how they all work, why do you care if it looks different?

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

hrx

Post by hrx » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:41 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:well, apparently, there is a difference in the way the modules are arranged or loaded when you do an upgrade.

since it makes no difference in how they all work, why do you care if it looks different?

robert
I don’t care, I kept an eye on it and I asked here on the forum why is such a difference. I reported it in tracker Area51 and I received the reply that this has been brought up before and it will not be fixed because the reason is that they don’t know if the administrator changed the display order themselves. In my opinion it shouldn’t be possibilities of changing the display order of these blocks menu and links, that's all should originally be imposed by authors.

hrx

Post by hrx » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:10 pm

For the order with arrows I organized the order of modules according to the clean installed forum 3.1.6, in module management in ACP -> Users and Groups -> on clean installed internet forum is a module Prune users but this module isn’t in this place on my official internet forum after update just is in ACP -> Users and Groups -> User security. Why on my official forum this module is somewhere else? Is it possible to set it safely in ACP -> Users and Groups -> Users without any broken administrator panel? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

hrx

Post by hrx » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Another one module Language packs isn't in right place in which should be after update on my internet forum.

Should be in: ACP -> Customise -> Language management

But is in: ACP -> System -> General tasks

And really nobody hasn't idea about that if it possible to easy can add this two modules in right places? Earlier should these modules from wrong places remove and then add into right places? Or can add these modules in right places and then remove them from wrong places? If the counterparts isn't make any bug? It's known that on official forum better not checking that only do a copy of database and loading this forum to other folder and there check if everything will be ok, I'm just expect some tip.

hrx

Post by hrx » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:09 am

First I disabled these two modules in wrong places, next I added these modules in right places and these disabled modules I removed. Now everything is all right.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”