Members Being Unsubscribed From Topics

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.

Members Being Unsubscribed From Topics

Post by ..777.. »

Hello, I have had a member for the longest time saying he gets unsubscribed from topics. Now, other members are saying the same thing and its happening more frequently. This is one of the threads its happening in:

https://raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =15&t=3340

And there are others.

I am using 3.1.6. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you so much for your time.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Members Being Unsubscribed From Topics

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what has changed on your board between now and before this started happening?

things don't change themselves.

this sounds more like some people don't understand fully what being subscribed means and/or how to do it/what to expect, etc.

if someone is subscribed to a forum, they will get one notification when a new post has been made since their last visit. it doesn't matter how many posts are made during that time, they will only get one notification until they visit again.

that is all being subscribed does, it notifies you of a post since your last visit.

is email on the board working properly?
do these people have their notifications set how they want them from their ucp?

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Post by ..777.. »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:what has changed on your board between now and before this started happening?

things don't change themselves.

this sounds more like some people don't understand fully what being subscribed means and/or how to do it/what to expect, etc.

if someone is subscribed to a forum, they will get one notification when a new post has been made since their last visit. it doesn't matter how many posts are made during that time, they will only get one notification until they visit again.

that is all being subscribed does, it notifies you of a post since your last visit.

is email on the board working properly?
do these people have their notifications set how they want them from their ucp?

robert
This has been happening for many months, lots of changes. :lol: The persons saying this happened say they go back to check if they are subscribed to the topic, and they say its been unsubscribed, so they have to resubscribe. I gave them the link below so they do know how it works:

viewtopic.php?p=14185666#p14185666

Post by ..777.. »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:is email on the board working properly?
I have just started testing the issue myself and all is working well, except I just noticed an email was missed. How would I go about fixing this issue? BTW, I am still subscribed to the topic and I did get a notification, just no email.

Post by ..777.. »

I can confirm, I have been unsubscribed from a topic. :(

Post by ..777.. »

Can anyone help? Having members being unsubscribed to topics is not very good. :(
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

this is something that I have never heard of in all the years of doing this.

There is nothing that I can think of that could possibly cause what you are describing to happen other than someone actually doing it manually.

I don't even know what to ask you to show us to try and figure it out.

double check all your settings. make sure that if you have any other admins they are not doing it.

sorry,

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Paph

Post by Paph »

Check the four logs in ACP > Maintenance. maybe one of those will give a clue.
Hawk

Post by ..777.. »

Paph wrote:Check the four logs in ACP > Maintenance. maybe one of those will give a clue.
I checked and did not see anything that looked wrong.

Also, i am only admin on the forum.

Is there a tool for 3.1 so I can clean out the database of all the stuff not originally with PHPBB?

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”