Restoring back up from 3.1.3 to 3.1.7

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Audigex

Restoring back up from 3.1.3 to 3.1.7

Post by Audigex » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi all.

Quick question, I'm currently migrating my forum from www.barrowafc.net to a new host at www.barrowfans.co.uk.

The old one that's currently live and in use is on 3.1.3, but my new one I've just upgraded to 3.1.7.

I ideally want to delete the old forum and redirect it to the new one, but I want to download the database from the old one into the new one to put into the new one as otherwise there'll be a couple of days worth of posts lost, will that cause any problems with them being on difference versions? Due to a problem with my host and FTP I'm struggling to upgrade the old one otherwise I'd just upgrade that to 3.1.7 then do the restore.

Thanks in advance!
Ste

Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Re: Restoring back up from 3.1.3 to 3.1.7

Post by Crizzo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi,

first: if you restore the 3.1.3 database in 3.1.7 you have to update the database aswell. That will work easy: www.example.org/install/database_update.php (if example.org points to your board)

second: if you restore the 3.1.3-board in the 3.1.7-board, you lose the 3.1.7-database with all its posts, users and settings.

Are you aware of these two facts?

Regards
My extensions for phpBB: crizzo.de
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de

SteStory

Post by SteStory » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi Crizzo

Thanks, so i'll just need to re-upload the install folder and do the database update?

As for the 3.1.7 db, yeah its just a copy of the 3.1.3 one but from a few days ago.

Crizzo
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:28 pm

SteStory wrote:Hi Crizzo

Thanks, so i'll just need to re-upload the install folder and do the database update?
If you restored the DB completely, yes. :)
My extensions for phpBB: crizzo.de
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”