Email disabled for registered users

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
J-W43

Email disabled for registered users

Post by J-W43 »

In 3.1.7 installed 15/01/2016 registered users don't see the email link when looking at another member's profile, only the PM send link. Admin and moderators can see and send emails.

Group permissions, group forum permissions show send email checked as YES and permission mask for user-based permissions shows green. Forum based permissions shows green for "can email topics".

User roles for registered users shows assigned standard features and can send emails under Misc tab.

When I transfer to test user permissions and highlight another user or mod or admin there is no link to send email to the user.

What setting have I missed?
janus_zonstraal

Re: Email disabled for registered users

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Maybe the are also in a group were it is not aloud to send e-mails.

Check the permissions masks for that.
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ons/#MASKS
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
J-W43

Post by J-W43 »

I've been all through settings at every level and the permission masks and they all allow emails to be sent but the link doesn't appear next to the send PM link when a registered user opens the profile of another user.

Is it possible to return settings to default as originally installed or reinstall 3.1.7 and retain database and tables, username and passwords but start the settings from default?
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Can you place a image from the permission mask from one of that users that is not aloud?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Paph

Post by Paph »

Members do have the option to not allow email from other members in their UCP.
email.jpg
Hawk
Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa »

What about this setting in ACP/ GEN TAB / email settings / Users send email via board:
Instead of showing the users email address users are able to send emails via the board.
Avatar courtesy of artist Faith Coyotë
J-W43

Post by J-W43 »

Puchahawa wrote:What about this setting in ACP/ GEN TAB / email settings / Users send email via board:
Instead of showing the users email address users are able to send emails via the board.
Brilliant! That was the setting I missed. Thanks

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”