Disable searching in certain sections

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Mathison

Disable searching in certain sections

Post by Mathison » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi there.
Is there any way how to disable searching in certaing board sections? Basically I need to know how to do not show certain sections in search options and also how to not show search results from these sections.
Thanks in advance.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Disable searching in certain sections

Post by stevemaury » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:01 pm

Group forum permissions, Advanced permissions, Actions tab, Can search the forum, No. If you do that for the Registered users group and you wish to be able to search those forums, you need to make another group with a Yes permission and put the users you want to be able to search those forums in that group.

Forums, not "sections". There are no sections in phpBB.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

cprgolds

Re: Disable searching in certain sections

Post by cprgolds » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Are you trying to keep everyone from searching those forums or just certain groups?

If a group cannot read or view a forum, they cannot search it and it does not show up in the advanced search panel.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”