FastCGI comm with server "path/to/app.php" aborted

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
ZemSharp

FastCGI comm with server "path/to/app.php" aborted

Post by ZemSharp »

What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.1.7pl
Who do you host your board with? https://ovh.com
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Using HTTPS only. For that I have set the configuration in ACP and added a port redirection (80 -> 443) in my .htaccess file.
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? I dont know.
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
What MODs do you have installed? Paypal donation mod, board announcements, phpbbgallery (and its extensions).
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver (by default) and a custom style I made (based on Prosilver).
What language(s) is your board currently using? English/French
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5.5.14-log
Which PHP type/version are you using? PHP 5.6 with FPM
What is your level of experience? Developper
When did your problem begin? When I changed the configuration (to use HTTPS only).
Please describe your problem.
Tons of requests are failing. Error messages are like this in my error.log file : [error] [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] [host mywebsite.com] FastCGI: comm with server "/path/to/app.php" aborted: error parsing headers: duplicate header 'Content-Type'
And sometimes it says that it fallbacks to CGI (it is written just bellow the first error message, like this : [error] [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] [host mywebsite.com] FastCGI: An error happend on Fastcgi processing, fallback to CGI, referer: https://mywebsite.com/could_be_any_page ... board_here), sometimes not.

Do you know how can I fix this please?

Thank you.

[EDIT: You'll find my PHP and CGI/FCGI configurations bellow]
Last edited by ZemSharp on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Re: FastCGI comm with server "path/to/app.php" aborted

Post by 3Di »

Interesting, we have had a long debate about the cause of this.

Everything ended up into this Bug report in the Tracker
[PHPBB3-14483]
would be nice if you get there and chime on that .. reporting the link of this Topic that already contains all the details - this way you could point the Devs to where to figure out what's wrong, here or by your side.

You do not need to register there (usually, if you are registered here), the credentials are the same.

Regards. :)
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity ยบ PhpStorm's proud user ยบ Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
๐Ÿš€ Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! ๐Ÿš€
ZemSharp

Post by ZemSharp »

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
I added a link to this topic in the Tracker forum.

They say a solution to this can be to set to true the second argument of the call header($name.': '.$value, false) (sendHeaders() function into vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Response.php).
But it is written they dont know exactly side effects of this fix :?
Last edited by ZemSharp on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

You didn't read the whole topic there, what's suggested has been written by the issue reporter and is not what the phpBB Devs said. As a matter of fact the ticket is OPEN and UNRESOLVED and UNASSIGNED atm.
And yes, I am asking you to intervene into the discussion that way. So our Devs have more data to work with.

Follow that discussion till the end. ;)
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity ยบ PhpStorm's proud user ยบ Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
๐Ÿš€ Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! ๐Ÿš€
ZemSharp

Post by ZemSharp »

Alright, thank you very much :). I'll just keep an eye on it.
Is there any temporary fix I can apply? Like disabling FPM?
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

ZemSharp wrote:Alright, thank you very much :). I'll just keep an eye on it.
Is there any temporary fix I can apply? Like disabling FPM?
That's a thing you should ask there ;)

p.s.: I am quoting your statements to avoid you change (again) them after I replied, making this a sort of non-sense discussion, lol.

ZemSharp

Post by ZemSharp »

Reply to your ps: Yeah sorry for that :oops: [edit: And thanks again :P]
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

No probs at all. 8-) ;)

ZemSharp

Post by ZemSharp »

@3Di : I just asked on the Tracker forum if I need to apply a fix (untill they find a better solution). Just waiting now 8-)
@Mauron : Please, your message is useless (= topic pollution) :(
Last edited by ZemSharp on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZemSharp

Post by ZemSharp »

My PHP and CGI/FCGI configurations:
MyPhpConf.png
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

ZemSharp wrote:@3Di : I just asked on the Tracker forum if I need to apply a fix (untill they find a better solution). Just waiting now 8-)
Hello,
I was reading this Topic this evening, ;)

I haven't had the time to reply, sorry. The job first. Well, there isn't IMHO a "fix" at the present time, in any case keep following the Devs. For sure it is an issue that's been considered, like every ones of them.

About the screenshot, I did try to watch it so I d/l it but unfortunately the resolution/size of it isn't enough.
The attachments here works fine, just attach the original file and it will be automatically adapted to fit into the post area.

Regards. ;)

edit: I saw you used the attachments right now, sorry.. for sure the file it is too large.
You could use the bbcode IMG or a link to it.

ZemSharp

Post by ZemSharp »

3Di wrote:edit: I saw you used the attachments right now, sorry.. for sure the file it is too large.
You could use the bbcode IMG or a link to it.
No problems at all :D Personnally I can watch the screenshot without any problems: I just click on it and it opens in full screen (then I can click a second time on it to zoom, I'm using Firefox).
But here you go, here is the same screenshot with IMG tag :

3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

ZemSharp wrote:No problems at all :D Personnally I can watch the screenshot without any problems: I just click on it and it opens in full screen (then I can click a second time on it to zoom, I'm using Firefox).
What a weird stuff, now it works also for me (I do use ONLY Firefox to navigate ;) ) and ofcourse I know the clicky trick. :)

Anyway, thank you. :)

ZemSharp

Post by ZemSharp »

With pleasure ;)
ZemSharp

Post by ZemSharp »

UP
The problem is happening frequently (about 1 request out of 5 is aborted) :( It is very annoying.
Is the phpBB development team working on the problem?
Thank you.

Return to โ€œ[3.1.x] Support Forumโ€