Feedback request to change default install text

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
durangod
Name: Dave

Feedback request to change default install text

Post by durangod »

I would like to suggest that phpBB change its install text for the registration process in order to address current real world issue.

I am suggesting a language change in the default install when someone registers and registration verification is set to email (or others with the similar message) that it be changed to read the following.
'ACCOUNT_INACTIVE' => 'Your account has been created. However, this board requires account activation. A activation key has been sent to the email address you provided. Please check your email for further information. Be sure to check your junk mail box. It may take up to 1 hour to get the email depending on your email providers server loads.',
When the user has a free email client such as MSN hotmail, lycos, yahoo or other provider of the kind, sometimes you get the email in 1 min, sometimes its 10 min, and sometimes its an hour. So i think this is a simple change to make, in order to provide better information to the user on the front side.

Thanks ;0
david63

Re: Feedback request to change default install text

Post by david63 »

You have two options:

1. Change it in your language file

2. Create a RFC on area 51

PS. You have a grammatical error in your text - it should read A[b]n[/b] activation key ...
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
durangod
Name: Dave

Re: Feedback request to change default install text

Post by durangod »

Thanks David, the text error is on the phpBB side, as i just copied and pasted what was in there as i just added to what was there already.

I will do an RFC thanks...

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”