Permissions Sticky & Announcements for moderators with varying access

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Goeienhender

Permissions Sticky & Announcements for moderators with varying access

Post by Goeienhender » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:45 pm

I've got a few moderators (and admins) on my board who have access to varying forums which are set with personal user permissions. They are all in the group moderators which enables them all to lock and move (etc) topics with the Group Permission: All Features.
Now I would like them to also be able to post Stickies and Announcements but only for all the forums they already have access to. I would like to give the group moderators this permission.

However, the permission to post stickies is set with Forum Based Permissions instead of Global Permissions. Why is this?
And can I somehow set the permission that all users in the group Global Moderators can set Stickies for all the forums they have Standard Access to?

Goeienhender

Re: Permissions Sticky & Announcements for moderators with varying access

Post by Goeienhender » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:03 am

I'm still having this problem. The solution would be that 'Can post stickies' and 'Can post announcements' could be set using Group Permissions (with All Features or Standard Features) instead of using Group Forum Permissions (which sets Access to Forums).

Would this be an improvement and maybe something that I could report in development?

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Permissions Sticky & Announcements for moderators with varying access

Post by david63 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:58 am

You could certainly create a RFC in area 51
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”