How to display a Facebook kind of notification icon?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
papaformigas

How to display a Facebook kind of notification icon?

Post by papaformigas » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi,

I want users get immediate notice that they received notifications and new pm messages such like facebook shows notification inside a litle square red box.

How can I do this please?

The way the phpBB 3.1 is showing right now do not call the attention for these as well as there is no option to users receive notification via email of new pm and other notifications.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: How to display a Facebook kind of notification icon?

Post by Mick » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:17 pm

papaformigas wrote:I want users get immediate notice that they received notifications and new pm messages such like facebook shows notification inside a litle square red box.

How can I do this please?
If you want a little square box you need an extension for that, have a search of the extensions database and, if you don't find what you need, you can make an Extension Request.
papaformigas wrote:The way the phpBB 3.1 is showing right now do not call the attention for these as well as there is no option to users receive notification via email of new pm and other notifications.
Yes there is, it's user selectable.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

papaformigas

Post by papaformigas » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi, in respect to the Facebook notification request theres a style that already have it implemented that is the Arty Basic, Dark and Ellegance... I want to make it showing in the ProFormel Style but dnt know how to do it...

With respect to the email notification I want to make email notifications set enabled by default that all users received the emails notification for board notifications and pm notification without them to go to their control panel and activate it by themselves.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:30 pm

For the little red box you need to ask in the [3.1.x] Styles Support & Discussion then.

For the notification thing there may be a query available to do it but you should go the extension route. You do realise that default PM/notification emails could be viewed as spam if a user has already set it to not receive emails? It's always better to allow the user to make his own choice.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”