forgot my password

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
anhba

forgot my password

Post by anhba » Wed May 11, 2016 9:29 pm

Hey there folks. I installed php a few months back and I have forgotten what my password is to log into the admin panel. I have tried to send a reset request about 6 times now but I never get a response. How can I get my password reset?. Thanke

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: forgot my password

Post by stevemaury » Thu May 12, 2016 1:26 am

In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@example.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn’t change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the “Registered users” group, so it won’t have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove “founder” status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

3Di
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Thu May 12, 2016 1:42 am

SOS Admin Tool (3.0.x or 3.1.x)

http://3di.space/32/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu May 12, 2016 2:29 am

also, if you can see the link to the admin panel you are already logged in as admin. assuming that you are seeing the extra login for the admin panel, how did you log into the board to begin with? that username/passwrod is the same as the one you use to log into the board.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”