Using A 3.0.14 Backup to Restore To 3.1.9

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
ClassicMan

Using A 3.0.14 Backup to Restore To 3.1.9

Post by ClassicMan » Tue May 31, 2016 11:07 am

Hello,

I'm just upgrading from phpBB3.0.14 to the latest version, 3.1.9. This is a completely fresh full install having just moved to a different host.

Am I able to use one of my database backups from 3.0.14 to restore to my new updated version or will I need a different method to restore the new forums? I am using phpMyAdmin to backup and restore as they are small databases.

I'd appreciate any advice with this.

Thanks.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Using A 3.0.14 Backup to Restore To 3.1.9

Post by KevC » Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Yes.

Once the database it uploaded and the config.php information is correct, open the board’s /cache folder on the server and delete everything except index.htm and .htaccess and then go to
/install/database_update.php to start the upgrade process.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Using A 3.0.14 Backup to Restore To 3.1.9

Post by JimA » Tue May 31, 2016 11:14 am

Also, if you still have them, it might be useful to re-upload the images, files and store folders from your old 3.0.14 install, because otherwise you might have broken the already uploaded avatars and attachments from your members. :)
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”