Problem with thumbnails - display fullsize vs download

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Geoff_S

Problem with thumbnails - display fullsize vs download

Post by Geoff_S » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:44 am

I recently installed a "test" version of phpBB to play around with it and learn how it worked. As part of that, I created a few dummy posts and added some inline images. I had the attachment settings for "Display images inline" and ""Create Thumbnail" both enabled, and they did what I expected, namely, the image displayed as a thumbnail in the post, and when I clicked on the thumbnail the full-size image would display in the current browser tab.

I have now created a new phpBB installation and converted across the contents of another forum, which included images and thumbnails. The conversion seems to have worked fine - I can see the thumbnails as inline images in the posts - but when I click on the thumbnail the browser downloads the full-size image instead of displaying it. This is with the same browser, and same attachment settings as my test forum.

Is there some other setting that I've overlooked that will change the browser to display the full-size images instead of downloading them ??

Geoff_S

Re: Problem with thumbnails - display fullsize vs download

Post by Geoff_S » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:48 pm

Just adding some more info - if I upload a new image to a post, it display and behaves correctly (ie displays as full-size when clicking on the thumbnail). So the problem with the existing images seems to be something that the conversion process has caused.

============
Edit - SOLVED !
The MIME type in the database attachments table was incorrect. eg "mime/jpg" was only shown as "jpg". I edited the mime type for all attachments and now everything works as expected.

imstanz

Re: Problem with thumbnails - display fullsize vs download

Post by imstanz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Hi Geoff_S,
I've got same issues. I even tried using Lightbox (easy on my website--tuff on
phpbb).
Where is the database attachments table?
Will I need to upload all attachments too?
I did see difference between existing files and new uploads...why? :?:
eg "mime/jpg" was only shown as "jpg". I edited the mime type for all attachments and now everything works as expected.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”