Contact Email

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Xtracker!

Contact Email

Post by Xtracker! »

Hey guys

Is there any way to change my contact email to another one, currently my contact email is the same email as the one that is use when a user makes a new account, is there any way to change the contact email to another one without having to change the new user email?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Contact Email

Post by Brf »

If you have Admin Activation set, the "new user" emails go to the Email in your admin users' profile.
Which address are you referring to when you say "my contact email" ?
Xtracker!

Post by Xtracker! »

Brf wrote:If you have Admin Activation set, the "new user" emails go to the Email in your admin users' profile.
Which address are you referring to when you say "my contact email" ?
Right now I have the email settings set like this

Contact email address: [email protected]
This address will be used whenever a specific contact point is needed, e.g. spam, error output, etc. It will always be used as the From and Reply-To address in emails.

Return email address: [email protected]
This will be used as the return address on all emails, the technical contact email address. It will always be used as the Return-Path and Sender address in emails.

But If i change the contact email address to my personal email, all welcome emails will be send from my personal email.

I just want the welcome email to send from the [email protected] like it currently is, but when ever someone sends me an email using the contact page that I get it to my personal email. I cant seem to change them individually
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Unfortunately, you can't separate those by default. The contact e-mail address in E-mail settings is being used as "From" address by the board for all e-mails and is being used to send all Contact page mails.

You could just create an "empty" mailbox as your e-mail address for the contact e-mail address setting and then just set a rule to have it redirect all e-mails that it receives to your personal e-mail address. That way the users wouldn't see your personal address and you still receive all contact requests on it. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”