Category in Comments Section

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
tkarthi85

Category in Comments Section

Post by tkarthi85 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:32 am

We have 1 special requirement for our upcoming forum. We need to categorize the comments section in the post. Let's take an example i have a post about IT, user can comment anything related to IT, but it will be helpful to categorize/sub category the comment based on ITES, Telecom, mobile, automotive etc. Is this template supported by phpbb ?.
Last edited by JimA on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from styles support

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Category in Comments Section

Post by david63 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:49 am

I am not quite sure what it is that you are asking as there is no "Comments section" in a "post".

Are you talking about replies to a topic? Or topics in a forum? Or forums in a category? Or something completely different?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

tkarthi85

Post by tkarthi85 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Yeah i'm talking about categorizing the replies in the post.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:31 pm

Are you saying that you will have one topic (IT) and in that topic there will be numerous replies each on a different aspect of IT?

If you are then that is not the way that a board works (or at least not how phpBB works). What you would have is a category (IT) and then with that category you would have fora (ITES, Telecom, mobile, automotive) into which topics would be created and discussed.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”