Category in Comments Section

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
tkarthi85

Category in Comments Section

Post by tkarthi85 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:32 am

We have 1 special requirement for our upcoming forum. We need to categorize the comments section in the post. Let's take an example i have a post about IT, user can comment anything related to IT, but it will be helpful to categorize/sub category the comment based on ITES, Telecom, mobile, automotive etc. Is this template supported by phpbb ?.
Last edited by JimA on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from styles support

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Category in Comments Section

Post by david63 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:49 am

I am not quite sure what it is that you are asking as there is no "Comments section" in a "post".

Are you talking about replies to a topic? Or topics in a forum? Or forums in a category? Or something completely different?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

tkarthi85

Post by tkarthi85 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Yeah i'm talking about categorizing the replies in the post.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:31 pm

Are you saying that you will have one topic (IT) and in that topic there will be numerous replies each on a different aspect of IT?

If you are then that is not the way that a board works (or at least not how phpBB works). What you would have is a category (IT) and then with that category you would have fora (ITES, Telecom, mobile, automotive) into which topics would be created and discussed.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”