Usergroups / Conversion

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
EpicFawker

Usergroups / Conversion

Post by EpicFawker » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:34 pm

This is not so much support but a rather a general query but i guess maybe it is support?

I recently converted from vb 4.2 to phpbb 3.0 and then upgraded to 3.1.

I am now stuck with unnecessary groups and i need to know which ones are actual default groups that need to stay and which i can delete.

https://gyazo.com/ebe2b42ea86e4e05d6bf6b4864aba524

Can i delete everything in User defined groups without it causing conflicts? I know ill have to set permissions and all, just trying to weed out the bloat.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Usergroups / Conversion

Post by stevemaury » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:51 pm

The ones listed as Pre-defined in your screenshot are the default groups. As long as you make sure that all permissions common to all members come from the default Registered users group, removing the user defined groups should not be a problem. As you know, you will have to set appropriate permissions and perhaps make other user-defined groups as needed.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

EpicFawker

Re: Usergroups / Conversion

Post by EpicFawker » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:58 pm

stevemaury wrote:The ones listed as Pre-defined in your screenshot are the default groups. As long as you make sure that all permissions common to all members come from the default Registered users group, removing the user defined groups should not be a problem. As you know, you will have to set appropriate permissions and perhaps make other user-defined groups as needed.
Thanks, that's what i thought to just needed to clarify it :D

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”