New Instillation

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Charisma44

New Instillation

Post by Charisma44 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Hello all, I just down loaded phpbb3 3.1V. I extracted it then took the folder and put it in where my website is.
I typed http://www.empoweredgolfersmanitoba.ca/phpBB3 and got a 404 error. Why would that be?

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: New Instillation

Post by david63 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:58 pm

It looks as if there may be a problem with the way your server is set up because if you enter http://www.empoweredgolfersmanitoba.ca/phpBB3/index.php then you will get the install page but it is not, or at least was not, rendering the css
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Charisma44

Post by Charisma44 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:31 pm

After I unzipped the folder.I took the phpBB3 folder and up loaded the folder within my other files and folders. The .htaccess file is in there as well. Was I supposed to put it somewhere else?

DiegoPino

Post by DiegoPino » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Charisma44 wrote:After I unzipped the folder.I took the phpBB3 folder and up loaded the folder within my other files and folders. The .htaccess file is in there as well. Was I supposed to put it somewhere else?
You can install from that url folder, but the Style looks wrong, try To upload the Style and css again, maybe lost some data when upload the files To You host.
We11World [ Winning Eleven ] , Blog , PinoStudio1 , Archive Forums

Charisma44

Post by Charisma44 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:18 am

We have it figured out now. Thanks for the help. It was my server that had to do something at his end. :D

jenbowrow

Post by jenbowrow » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:46 am

Good job! hope we can too

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”