Forum permissions:You can delete your own posts

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Riksa

Re: Forum permissions:You can delete your own posts

Post by Riksa » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:13 am

Hey, thanks for the reply. It's too bad when I installed the new version of phpbb and now it does not work. All regions already been completed. Can the regions to move to an older version of phpbb?

Is this a new version of phpbb to fix something, or do I wait for the update?

phpbb is installed through CPanel, what would be the easiest way to install an older version of phpbb. I am a beginner and I do not know if I can install in a different way, because through your service provider cPanel phpbb can be installed easily Softacolous application.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Riksa

Zylantex

Post by Zylantex » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:03 pm

I'm not 100% sure on this but you need to check out what rights users may have to delete the own posts. It is my understanding that EU citizens have that right although most forum owners will not allow further participation in the forum after posts have been deleted as it is so disruptive to forums.

On my forum, based in the EU, the topic was raised and this is how it was dealt with by the Admin. Nobody's rights were infringed and following the common sense explanation below nobody else has raised the topic since.
Admin wrote:If you engage in a conversation with another person you cannot simply erase a statement or change a statement that you have already made. You can expand on the statement or qualify the context in which it was made but you cannot un-say what has already been said. Likewise if we were to have an exchange via text messages would you expect to be able to erase or edit messages to which I had already read and responded? You could change the whole nature of the original conversation to make it look like a completely different conversation. What if the person you were texting could do the same? You could be made look like a fool or a liar based on your responses to their deleted or changed texts.

When you make a post you put it out there for the whole world to read and react to. Nobody made you post it, you chose to do so of your own free will. You have to stand over what you have said, just like real life.

Naturally we will allow exceptions to cover say inadvertent disclosure of private information or personal details but other than that be mindful of the fact that, in forums like in real life, what you say cannot be unsaid.

Riksa

Post by Riksa » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Hey, you have a really great site. Are you running the latest version of phpbb and whether you have inserted registered user is entitled to delete your posts?

Is there a theme that also translated into Finnish?
Best regards,
Riksa

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Riksa wrote:Is there a theme that also translated into Finnish?
Styles (phpBB doesn't call them themes) are not language specific - all styles will work with all languages.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Riksa

Post by Riksa » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi, Does anyone know how to solve this problem FORUM PERMISSIONS?
Consequently, I have the latest version of phpbb and use those functions do not work

FORUM PERMISSIONS
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can not delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum
Best regards,
Riksa

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:14 pm

you may be trying to many forums at once. try to do only 5 forums at once.

also, I left out one step in my post above. you also have to set the permission for can soft delete posts to no for the registered user group.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”