Bar between posts with username on it between posts

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
ivanfig

Bar between posts with username on it between posts

Post by ivanfig » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:20 am

Is there an option to add a bar between posts in a topic and have the bar display just the username of the person that is responsible for the post?

Right now, the "header" of a post shows something like this [the word post is actually a little rectangle which appears to be a link to the post itself]:

Topic Name
Post by user1» Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: Topic Name
Post by user2» Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:28 pm

I want to change it to [the --- is just meant to be a text version of a colored "bar" with the user text in it]:

------------------------------------------------------------------
user1
Topic Name
Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:26 pm

user2
Re: Topic Name
Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:28 pm

kaspir
Name: Greg

Re: Bar between posts with username on it between posts

Post by kaspir » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:27 am

I would first consult your theme stylist/developer. That looks to be a template edit, and I have to ask more information to help. What style theme are you using and, which phpbb version is installed?

Also could you please supply a screenshot (or hyperlink me to guest/demo view) of what you are currently looking at, so that I may be sure of what the real objective is. I think I understand what you want, but doesn't many styles already have a sidebar showing poster information? Yea, let me see what we're working with here please. And I can supply the template edits.

Edit:
If you already understand template edits, then a simple html <hr> is a standard to display a line 100% width of screen.

Also, css may be used here if you're better with CSS, and css is more recommended. You could do a ::after {border-bottom:1px;}
World of Phaos RPG online is making it's come back! Play free now!
Check out phpBB contributions & extension downloads. :P

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”