3.0 modifications and 3.1/3.2 compatibility?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
ludhamster
Name: Slobodan Milovanovic

3.0 modifications and 3.1/3.2 compatibility?

Post by ludhamster »

Hello there team!

I'm using phpbb3.0.10 for my site years ago and I have lot of addons installed there.
My questions are :

1. Does that addons(modifications as they called oroginaly) will work with the phpbb3.1 and/or 3.2
2. If the answer is no, do you offer some new version or alternative of the nickvergessen's gallery which I'm using now?

Thanks! :)
Last edited by JimA on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from 3.1 Convertors to 3.1 Support Forum
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: 3.0 modifications and 3.1/3.2 compatibility?

Post by JimA »

To answer your main question, no. Modifications designed for phpBB 3.0 will not be working in the later version of phpBB as they have been replaced by a brand-new extensions system. You'll have to find extensions to replace your old modifications.

In case of the gallery, this extension is based on the old Gallery MOD from nickvergessen and it even offers a way to convert the data towards the new extension. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”