Please help!! Website forum update and domain change

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
vicvickyvictoria

Re: Please help!! Website forum update and domain change

Post by vicvickyvictoria » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:17 pm

Sorry, I mean't folder. 000webhost has it's own ftp file manager, yes I dragged and dropped the whole folder to upload. Does it have to go in the public folder? I uploaded it several times, as at times its failed (It takes forever). When it's uploaded and I use the link, sometimes I've had webpage unavailable, 404 forbidden and on a couple of occasions I've had a menu come up using the link www.threespiressearchsociety.com/phpBB3 clicked a few things on the menu but no where did it say to install. :(

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:23 pm

you can't use the built in ftp or file manager of your host. you have to get a real ftp program like I said above.
there is a video in that post above on how to install and use it etc.

also, not sure what you mean when you say to clicked on things on the menu. there should not be a menu. If you have followed the instructions above you will not get a menu when you access the install folder, you will see a page with tabs. One of them will say "install" and you click it and fill in the blanks.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

vicvickyvictoria

Post by vicvickyvictoria » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Ok using Filezilla, it's taking ages is that normal?

Sorry, like I said this is all out of my depth and it doesn't help that the only chance I get to try and do this is when im shattered from work. But I don't give up easily. Thanks for your replies so far Robert. :)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:20 pm

vicvickyvictoria wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:35 pm
Ok using Filezilla, it's taking ages is that normal?

Sorry, like I said this is all out of my depth and it doesn't help that the only chance I get to try and do this is when im shattered from work. But I don't give up easily. Thanks for your replies so far Robert. :)
why are you using filezilla? that is not the ftp program in my advice above?

anyway, nothing wrong with filezilla except that if will corrupt your image attachment files if you ever transfer them using filezilla.

and yes, it is dependent upon your internet upload speed so slow is sometimes a problem. you should try it using my worthless internet connection.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”