Admin Account Locked Out

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
brockly

Admin Account Locked Out

Post by brockly » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I have an issue of my login details not working. They worked previously and would let me login, but then when I tried going to the admin panel it would make me renter everything and tell me the wrong password and just continuously redirect.

Now it wont let me do anything. Is there a way I can reset the password in the database?

I am not sure what the issue is, and I dont want to loose the forum as it has a lot of pages and is quite old.
https://allturtles.com/msgboard

I am running cloudflare on the site, but it was never an issue before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brock

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Admin Account Locked Out

Post by stevemaury » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:15 pm

In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@example.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn’t change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the “Registered users” group, so it won’t have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove “founder” status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

Clair
Name: Clair Dunn

Re: Admin Account Locked Out - Quick Question

Post by Clair » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 am

Hi,
I've read this and understand it. I copied pitbul's query to gedit to look at it, but I cannot insert it into the SQL query window and am very unsure that I would be able to type all of that correctly.

If I have never logged into my newly install database as admin, can that query be shortened?

All I need is to reset user and pw to admin1 and admin as it says.

Only alternative is to delete phpBB and reinstall.

Thanks.
Clair

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 am

Clair wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 am
Hi,
I've read this and understand it. I copied pitbul's query to gedit to look at it, but I cannot insert it into the SQL query window and am very unsure that I would be able to type all of that correctly.

If I have never logged into my newly install database as admin, can that query be shortened?

All I need is to reset user and pw to admin1 and admin as it says.

Only alternative is to delete phpBB and reinstall.

Thanks.
Clair
Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it in a new topic of your own to enable us to assist you better.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:41 am

Clair wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 am
unsure that I would be able to type all of that correctly
Can’t you copy and paste?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.
Forza Garibaldi

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Admin Account Locked Out

Post by stevemaury » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:30 pm

What is "pitbul's query"?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”