To many connections to database

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
Highway Rider

To many connections to database

Post by Highway Rider »

Yesterday my whole site went down and it was giving me a --User web_user already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]--- error. The host got everything back up but the PHPBB board. I still get this error when I try to go to the board. I have tried the use a different data base--and tried to change the user name and have change the password. For some reason it won't change the user name. It will always show the error with the original user name. I feel that the issue lies with them but they are not that interested in helping me that much. They did say there is a max connection of 15. This is not that busy of a site this time of the year.

My thought was that I should be able to change the user name and it should change on there server. But for some reason there server won't release it. They suggested that I look in to getting a developer that works with PHPBB .

The site was running just fine till yesterday then gone. The odd part is that the whole site was gone and then they managed to get back some of it. The base php script works and a couple of other php databases work just not the PHPbb

thought about reinstalling the board but if i cant change the databade user name I feel that that wont accomplish that much

If it does not come up today I will fill out a support ticket did not have time at this moment to do so

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: To many connections to database

Post by david63 »

If you change anything in your config.php file then you will need to delete everything from the cache folder except index.htm and .htaccess

The root cause of your problem (too many connections) is a server/host issue. I am guessing that you are using a cheap/free host and it may be a ploy by your hosts to get you to upgrade.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

.m.

Post by .m. »

are you using shared hosting with different sites / forums on the same server ?

do you have a number of extensions which often query the database ?

can guests view your phpBB board contents (without logging in) ?

Highway Rider

Post by Highway Rider »

Hummmmm the site came back just as quick as it went down. I had not done anything this afternoon other then doing a complete backup of all file on the website including the forum , and the all of a sudden it was back up and running wish I knew for sure what the cause was.

Highway Rider

Post by Highway Rider »

Since this fiasco some users are unable to see the forum. When they go there all they see is a white page.

I have deleted everything in the cache file except for index.html and .htaccess
I have instructed to clear there browser cache with in there browser (they say they have but it makes me wonder)
Some apparently have it set to auto log in, as I see that they do log in.

Just wondering if this is most likely a browser issue or looking for suggestions

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

hard to say without a link to the board so we can test.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Highway Rider

Post by Highway Rider »

Here is a link to the forum

https://www.amervoyassoc.org/forum/

Lumpy Burgertushie

the board seems to be working just fine.

I would suggest you go to the admin panel and go to cookie settings and change the cookie name. add or subtract a character.

then, your members will have to login the next time they visit to get the new cookie.

and/or tell them to click on the link at the bottom of the screen that says "delete all board cookies".

robert

Highway Rider

Post by Highway Rider »

changed cookie by adding one letter and deleted board cookies also cleared board cache and now I cant log in

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Click on forgot password link.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Highway Rider

Post by Highway Rider »

Had to go in to the browser and clear out all cookies cache and went ahead and cleared out everything else and then I could log in

Highway Rider

Post by Highway Rider »

Server errors after running for months with no errors and then this fiasco started getting errors and just need to know if these are fixiable

1st one: don't know why this one showed up but it is the second time I have seen it

/home4/amervoya/public_html/error_log:
[01-Apr-2017 19:14:40 America/Denver] PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_USER_AGENT in /home4/amervoya/public_html/index.php on line 19

2nd one occurred after I tried to send a mass email through the ACP to a user group. Just as soon as I hit the send button it went to a 500 error. I did receive the email as the admin. But I don't think it went to anyone else as a mass e-mail. I did try and send a email to one user and it went just fine, no errors. below are the errors that occured

[01-Apr-2017 21:19:30 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'The "./../language/es/email" directory does not exist.' in /home4/amervoya/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:94
Stack trace:
#0 /home4/amervoya/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(76): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->addPath('./../language/e...', '__main__')
#1 /home4/amervoya/public_html/forum/phpbb/template/twig/twig.php(251): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->setPaths(Array)
#2 /home4/amervoya/public_html/forum/includes/functions_messenger.php(673): phpbb\template\twig\twig->set_custom_style(Array, Array)
#3 /home4/amervoya/public_html/forum/includes/functions_messenger.php(287): messenger->set_template_paths(Array, Array)
#4 /home4/amervoya/public_html/forum/includes/acp/acp_email.php(251): messenger->template('admin_send_emai...', 'es')
#5 /home4/amervoya/public_html/forum/includes/functions_module.php(674): acp_email->main('email', 'email')
#6 /home4/amervoya/public_html/forum/adm/index.php(81): p_master->lo in /home4/amervoya/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 94

Are these a easy fix if possible? I don't usually do a mass email actually this was the first time I tried it

Lumpy Burgertushie

the first one is not about phpbb it is about a problem with the index.php file in your site root.

the second set of the errors look like there is the language/es folder missing.
how did that happen?

robert

Highway Rider

Post by Highway Rider »

thanks for the quick reply

I have no idea have the language file came up missing the thing is I not using us_en for language I'm using en language

I will look in to it
thanks again

Lumpy Burgertushie

it is saying that the es (spanish) lang file is missing.

robert

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”